2001 Conquest 8x8 brake fan replacement

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2001 Conquest 8x8 brake fan replacement

2001 Conquest 8x8 brake fan replacement

Looking for advice/sugestions on the easiest way to replace my brake fan which is broken. Can it be replaced without removing radiator cowling? Hoping not to have to seperate the body to get it out.
    Attached Images

Look at the other conquest rebuild on her right now and he changed to a different blower, also I got an updated housing from Terry, technical advisr at Argo that cools from the top of the rotors not the front like my melted down version.

Thanks for pointing me to the other conquest rebuild. I've decided to just mount a new blower on the winch hoop and duct into the old intake fan rather than trying to replace the broken one.

Making it work

Decided to fab a mount for a marine blower to the left side of the winch hoop. Had to use a modified piece of joist hanger, flat iron, and a lot of harbor freight nuts bolts and washers, along with dryer vent hose. I think it will do the job...2014-08-30 14.17.12.jpg

I got mine out of a 2009 Avenger.....I had to wrestle with it, but did not have to remove the rad...I did have to drill out the rivets on the bracket that was hold'er in.

+ Reply to Thread