Friend Found this gem on his land!

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Friend Found this gem on his land!

Friend Found this gem on his land!

Hey guys, my buddy had been searching for a cheap argo for quite some time. Then stumbled across this one on his land! Could I get an ID on this unit? Cant quite figure out if its an Argo or a Prairie bobcat. It's 8X8 and has alot of parts that look similar to modern day argos as well.

IMG_6605.jpg

Hmmm, it says ARGO all across the front but I'm not 100% sure

It's an old Argo.

Looks like Argo to me.
    And personally......... I would not bother with one that old. But that's just me
    I prefer the Hyd Brakes, newer style Brngs and Axles, and slightly heavier construction.

RD

Does anyone know what year it might be? or is this THE prototype? ha ha ha. I looked all around the body and couldnt find model or serials or anything. Not even an argo stamp.

Well, it does say Argo on the engine cover.

Just sayin...

Quote Originally Posted by Xplicit View Post
    Does anyone know what year it might be? or is this THE prototype? ha ha ha. I looked all around the body and couldnt find model or serials or anything. Not even an argo stamp.
    At a guess mid to late seventies. Plate should be on dash as far as I know. It says "ARGO" all across the engine cover !!! or did you miss that ??

As Rock Doctor says, there's better models out there, having said that, if it came for nowt and costs next to nowt to get running what you got to lose ?

nubs good eye!yep its a argo.

Looks to be post 79 Tecumseh as the gas tank is on the right and the molded vents over the muffler, probably has HTB on the serial number plate on the firewall if it has dual chains.

looks exactly like my buddy's 1982. 16 hp tecumcseh and double roller chains. The weak link's are the shear pins at the sprockets, he cross drilled and used a second shear pin. He still runs his every fall for hunting.
    Ross

Just how lucky do you have to be to want something and find one lying around on your property? I'd be wishing for a pot o' gold next trip out I believe.

+ Reply to Thread