Trailering a Argo in the rain

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Trailering a Argo in the rain

A few years ago I bought a black waterproof canvas cover on eBay. It has a heavy continuous elastic bungee cord sewn into the bottom edge like a shower cap, and two adjustable nylon straps that wrap under the tub to cinch it tight for towing, and to prevent puddles from forming on it when sitting in the rain. It is made specifically for an Argo - it even has aluminized fabric fastened to the underside to protect the cover from the warm exhaust pipe.
    I did a little searching before posting this, and was unable to find anything like it anywhere. Too bad, I love mine. Cost around $100, I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by ardie View Post
    A few years ago I bought a black waterproof canvas cover on eBay. It has a heavy continuous elastic bungee cord sewn into the bottom edge like a shower cap, and two adjustable nylon straps that wrap under the tub to cinch it tight for towing, and to prevent puddles from forming on it when sitting in the rain. It is made specifically for an Argo - it even has aluminized fabric fastened to the underside to protect the cover from the warm exhaust pipe.
    I did a little searching before posting this, and was unable to find anything like it anywhere. Too bad, I love mine. Cost around $100, I believe.
    I would imagine a good quality cover of a similar design would cost substantially more nowadays. The material alone would cost more than that.

I found this picture at Frontier 8x8 650 Amphibious Atv . That's what mine looks like, they apparently have been discontinued.

edit: scroll down

Second edit: Not sure if I'm violating protocol, but I found a pic of something similar in a thread on the Route 6x6 site. http://www.route6x6.com/discus4/mess...tml?1239291699
    Last edited by ardie; 05-05-2014 at 04:42 PM.

??????

Sometime I just think I don't know anything about ARGO. When I trailer my Quads, or my SxS I never cover them. I never see anyone cover anything when we go to places. Are Argos that fragile that they need to be covered. I take out the drain plugs and I let it rain no problem. I do make sure the hood is tied down but that is all I do. Help me understand why I need to cover my ARGO.

Quote Originally Posted by Deedeelin1 View Post
    Sometime I just think I don't know anything about ARGO. When I trailer my Quads, or my SxS I never cover them. I never see anyone cover anything when we go to places. Are Argos that fragile that they need to be covered. I take out the drain plugs and I let it rain no problem. I do make sure the hood is tied down but that is all I do. Help me understand why I need to cover my ARGO.
    I just pull the drain plugs if I'm on an open trailer, or better yet, I use my enclosed trailer. There is nothing fragile about them, It's just a convenience thing being able to jump in a clean dry machine........ wet, Muddy seats are kinda gross, lol.

RD

I concur with RD, pull the plugs and go, other than a dirty seat it makes no real difference . I too used my enclosed when possible but that's where it lives anyway.

Tying the hood is very recommended , though we've only lost one since 1978 (which I believe was due to not checking the hood button), it sucked and was expensive.

Last year going to Busco and back I had a new Argo cover on my V2 (mainly because of fresh rebuild), not planning on using it or wanting to clean it ( which we did neither) and the cover didn't like 1000 miles at 70mph so now it's an indoor dust cover.

Oh and BONUS if it's raining coming home you get a free pressure washing.
    Last edited by ARGOJIM; 09-18-2014 at 08:09 PM.

+ Reply to Thread