Lucky to not have had my machine destroy itself, no master links on front chains.

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Lucky to not have had my machine destroy itself, no master links on front chains.

Silly question but don't the chains run in both directions. I really don't know but it seems to me that theres no forward or reverse on the chains. This is in reference to being sure the retainer clip goes forward.

This is not a silly question especially if your asking it broke down in the rough. Your chains go in one direction 90 percent of the time and reverse maby 10 percent so to put it in perspective would you rather be 90 percent safe or 10 percent? I know at work you can get into trouble if you install a clip backwards and or get laughed at by your peers. I deal with #25 to #140 chain almost every day double wide #40 to 4 wide #100 I have used it. The spirol freezer I work on one link weighs 65 lbs.

I have a feeling that's it. I think when you go in reverse if the blocks were very worn (which mine were) at some point it catches and knocks them off.

Quote Originally Posted by msafi65 View Post
    I find the clips gone on many that have the rub blocks worn badly. Almost always missing when worn through to the metal.
    ditto

I suppose if you searched your tub you might find the missing clips. A magnet tool helps find and pick up dropped nus, bolts, clips, whatever.
    If your tub is clean the the clips were never installed.
    Stand for the Flag. Kneel for the Cross.

I found that same problem on my 750 hdi the link was coming out. put back in and drove for 20 km and clip gone again , I put new link in and will check my block closer and see if it stays in.

yep block was worn.

+ Reply to Thread