Where to find parts in Canada?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Where to find parts in Canada?

Where to find parts in Canada?

Hi guys I would appreciate any help in locating some simple parts like the floor plugs. I have found sites that will ship to Canada with all the major parts that I may need in the future, but for now all I need is the floor plugs. I have stripped down a 1980 Argo 6x6 and so far all I need is a couple engine o rings and my floor plugs. I can get chains at Princess Auto here. I'm assuming my bearings are good the all sound good no major crunching sounds and spin freely. Not too mechanical so any info would help. Thanks guys happy riding![ATTACH]Argo2.jpg[/ATTACH]
    Attached Images

Jack up your machine and lift up/down your axles if there is no play your good. For drain plugs find a boat shop and get 5/8 plugs, with a small release handle.

where in Canada are you?i might be able to point you in the right direction.

I have an older Argo like yours, picked up drain plugs at Canadian tire. Made a few trips to find the right ones. I am located here in Belleville and I get a lots of good advice and some good parts from Don Sills in Brighton. TSC, Princess auto are great for a cheap fix, if you want better quality drive line supplies go to motion industries. You name it they can get it and the price just goes up.. but you get stuff with a service life longer then anything your agro will do.

Cheap chain is a pain on the trail. No fun unloading, fixing a chain and loading it all back up. Granted you get a good long beer break :-)

The plow on your machine is interesting how does it tie into the frame? Post some pictures

Thanks for info guys. I'm in Grande Prairie AB and I just found out my local Yamaha dealer can get me parts.

To answer the question about the plow, it doesn't attach totter frame. There are heavy plates that bolt onto the sides through upper n lower body and it just uses the body's rigidity and strength I guess. I got it that way recently but it's suppose to work good.

So Princess Auto chains are junk?

You may be able to source chains and other parts from your local tractor dealer. When I source parts I go online and get a price and then drive to my local argo dealer (1hr away). Find them good to deal with.

Should also mention that it looks like your front tire is on backwards. Hard to tell for sure in the pic.
    Even if you’re on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.
    —Will Rogers

Yah I priced out online what I could find and it's pretty comparable to my local dealer esp since there's no shipping charges. I have no idea about the tires. They are all the same way with the downward tread pattern forward. They are all weathered anyways so I have to find new ones and hopefully cheap lol

Well for the little extra I wouldn't cheap out on them any more. Sometimes it's great to cheap out but after getting stuck on the trail changing a chain from princess auto, I spent the $20 extra and got some decent chains.

Like anything pay for what you get, buy a cheap case of beer and get the decent chain.

Snow blade pics

Here are some shots of how the snow blade attaches to the body. It's pretty dam solid.
    Attached Images

I found plugs at Canadian tire $6/each rather than the $12 buck the dealer wanted.

I'm having a problem finding a brake seal kit for mine #161-01, dealers are saying it's no longer available and that my only option is to buy a complete caliper.
    Need the 3mm ID x 1mm Cross-section oring for the caliper.. it's flat on one end. Can't believe they just stop carrying a seal kit. like wtf!

+ Reply to Thread