Cutting the plastic body

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cutting the plastic body

Cutting the plastic body

I'm hoping someone can shed light on a problem I have. LEG ROOM! I was thinking of cutting off the plastic crossbeam that is right behind the seat and moving the seat back a few inches so I can fit in the dam thing. I plan on replacing the support with a metal crossbeam/back support. Has anyone done this or seen it? I have to get more leg room or finish my rebuild and sell it. It's a 1980 6x6.
    Attached Images

Consider raising the seat?

I can't see that making a difference. I hade to sit on that crossbeam just to operate it. I'm 6'3" and a big guy to boot. Pretty sure I'm gonna have to cut it. Anyone have any experience in this? Thx

I too am 6'3" and have been driving them since I was less than 3'6", if you must cut it be sure not to cut into the gas tank neck.

+ Reply to Thread