Surprised at how loud my conquest is with the top up

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Surprised at how loud my conquest is with the top up

Surprised at how loud my conquest is with the top up

I was very excited to get one with the top. It was raining the other day so I put it up to go out with the kids. I had not really driven with it before. The noise was almost to the point of being painful. The kids didn't really like it and I wasn't that into it either. You can certainly hear everything very amplified. I saw the notes about using dynamat but I think its just too much.

I wonder if the newer machines with the new transmissions are a little quieter? Any opinions about it. I just know I wouldn't want to be in the cab for more than about 10 minutes with the noise level.

Not sure on newer machines CW but I wear hearing protection ( ear plugs) in mine on my long rides. which can be two or so hours I am even considering using my portable aircraft intercom so I can have a conversation with someone... or jam to some tunes on the drive.

The head sets are a great idea. As I read through the post I was thinkng of the head sets for motorcycle riders.

That makes me feel better since the noise level felt like it was 3x what it is with the top down.

Do you get fumes also with it closed up? I always wondered that.

My twisted mind can picture a guy in the with a snorkle poking through the roof with ear muffs holding an electric weed blower to keep the wind shield from foggin up LOL sorry

Any idea what the gearing is in your trany?
    My Low geared conquest is very loud, but my Med geared conquest is not too bad. The newer machines with the Admiral Trans are quieter yet.
    Having the top up does increase the noise level quite a bit. Ear muffs or plugs may be required.

RD

Quote Originally Posted by Andyman View Post
    Do you get fumes also with it closed up? I always wondered that.

My twisted mind can picture a guy in the with a snorkle poking through the roof with ear muffs holding an electric weed blower to keep the wind shield from foggin up LOL sorry

Fumes do get in there from time to time... BUT mostly from the leaf blower hehehehe

Quote Originally Posted by Twizted1 View Post
    The head sets are a great idea. As I read through the post I was thinkng of the head sets for motorcycle riders.
    We have some of those for snowmobiling, and they work great. They pick up voices great and I've never heard engine/wind sounds come through the speaker.

yep, ear muffs are a must. With muffs, the kids have blast, without them they don't even want to get close if they think I'm going to start it. Conquests seem to be fairly quiet when just putting around, but put the top up or build some speed, and it's pretty loud.

Just imagine that you are riding a Harley.....only more fun and can go more places....
    Even if you’re on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.
    —Will Rogers

+ Reply to Thread