First long haul

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: First long haul

First long haul

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgAttachment 12551Had my first long haul 14 miles in and 22 miles out in the argo to a men's retreat and I had only one nagging issue, it either stalled out or tried to stall out going up steep hills but even with that I would do it again tomorrow (see pics)
    I crossed caribou creek 7 times. Two of the times I was told were very hazardous, and although I wouldn't have wanted the creek to be wider I didn't have any issues crossing.
    When I arrive at the camp site I was the only Argo in a four wheel group of 60. I felt a little out of place until I was asked for a ride to see what it was like ... I took the man through swamp, mud, brush trees and over logs all in about a ten minute ride. I was impressed with what the machine could and after a few more rides to others I didn't feel too out of place anymore. On the sad side this year one "very good man" named Ben who helped set up camp every year over loaded his four wheeler with supplies and riding alone rolled his four wheeler and he was killed. We also had another four wheeler roll over and the man went to the hospital with a broken nose.

Sorry for your loss , looks like nice country hope you found a bit of color with that dredge and that you get the stall issue straightened out easily ..

That truck wasn't with our group and had been there for at least two weeks we did pull it out of the hole.

My condolences to Ben's family. Sorry to hear of his passing. May the Lord bless his family.
    I hope you get the stalling issue fixed.
    Stand for the Flag. Kneel for the Cross.

Peace and light to the family and friends.

Wow,beautiful land there to enjoy.

Sorry to hear of the loss of Ben.
    Had the same issue with Pop's Conquest a few years ago, there may be debris in the carb. as the main jet is on the uphill side(rear) of carb.. If you're ambitious you could remove the fuel solenoid and drain it or even let the fuel run through it some if you catch it all. If you do remove it, be careful not to twist the wire on the solenoid as the are very fine and do fray breaking contact internally.
    We have had the wire fray and had to nip the tip of the solenoid to make it back.

What beautiful country, thank you for the pics.

Imagine the suprise when the Ranger owner comes back and see's there truck pulled out, you did good.

Sorry for the loss of Ben

+ Reply to Thread