Nothing like a deadline to get you in an inventive mood

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Nothing like a deadline to get you in an inventive mood

Cool Nothing like a deadline to get you in an inventive mood

Trying to get the Argo ready for the UK Billing Land Rover Show on Friday, where she will be the star of the Northants 4x4 Response team stand, had to rivet the hull back together on me own... sat there scratching me head about how I was going to get the seams to line up with no-one to give it a nudge here n there while I drill the rivets...

Came up with a workable solution, I'd like to personally thank the bloke who invented ratchet straps (and lets face it, it had to be a bloke )

Note the bits of wood to stop the wrong bits deforming!

And here she is ready for the show... Just short of few response team stickers that'll go on last miinuite

Now all I've got to do is sort this little bit of wiring out...

Then put the truck back together, and maybe wash a few tons of mud off it

Quote Originally Posted by Pumpy View Post
    Now all I've got to do is sort this little bit of wiring out...

I'd absolutely cut the red wire.....

Hmm, nothing major then, 5 minute job. Oh, it's the blue wire you need to cut, but it could be the red,..... blue, red, blue, red, blue, red, blue, red, blue, red, blue, red, blue, red, blue, red, blue, red,................Oh I give up, cut the lot and have done

pumpy, love your creativity with the ratchet straps and blocks. when no one is around to help, it's amazing how inventive we get. especially when we are not willing to wait for some body to come along. good job. someone will use that idea someday !! johnboy va.

I want to see how inventive you can be with that blue and red wire, you made need a few more pieces of lumber and a roll or two of 88 tape

The wiring looks worse than it is

You wouldn't want to be the bloke who installed the alarm when I get hold of him tho The truck konked out on me miles from anywhere, I eventually worked out there was no power to the fuel stop solenoid, so I bypassed it to get me home, in the dark with only side lights

I rang the alarm fitter next day and described the symptoms "no way it can be the alarm if the starter is working when deactivated" he was conviniently on holliday (yeah right, answering his work messages!)

If it wasn't the alarm it had to be an open circuit on the loom, so I dismantled the whole dash, fusebox, loom in the engine compartment, and chased every bit of wiring. 3 days later I'm still scratching my head so I went back to basics and followed the live from the battery right through the ignition switch and onward, guess what? It was the bloody Alarm

I don't think a full refund will cut it, I want BLOOD

At least I know what it was now, it's been doing my head in for days

Man after my own heart

Defender and an Argo

Make the most of it Rory, one day your knees will be too buggered to sit in one for too long and you'll have to sell your beloved Defender, like I did.
    Tears in my eyes as it trundled down the road, gone for ever. Have to make do with a Disco now, more leg room.

That is luxurious compared to my 1955 series 1.

Defender is just an awesome all round vehicle

Last of the 80" or an 86"?

+ Reply to Thread