greasing bearings with tracks on

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: greasing bearings with tracks on

greasing bearings with tracks on

just one quick question. when you have tracks on how do you grease wheel bearings?

I drop my tracks after every other ride to grease mine

Yes I don't think there is a way, I think you must separate the tracks
    '99 Conquest 104hp turbocharged intercooled EFI Chevy Sprint conversion
    "Argo 8x8's only" type of guy
    "old school Argo expert"

I think the newer models have a hole in the rims and hubs that you can grease thru, just got to raise the machine so you can rotate the tires to get to each grease fitting

Quote Originally Posted by locolouie View Post
    I think the newer models have a hole in the rims and hubs that you can grease thru, just got to raise the machine so you can rotate the tires to get to each grease fitting
    That's right they do. I use a flex extension to insert through the hole in the rim to get to the zerks. It still requires some long arms and some dexterity to do, but its better than taking the tracks off.

I like to take my tracks off and check bearing play. That way you can grease and check for bearing/axle wear. I'm running the 18" rubber tracks onnan hdi.

I need to consider doing the track off thing. I spent was to much time trying to get the center inside. There are holes in the rim but not in the flange. ???

I have thought about drilling my flanges

I was thinking of that to about 8am after spending WAYYYY to long to get that center.

I'll have a slide on side ways grease fitting before the sunsets tomorrow for sure
    Last edited by Sol; 08-03-2014 at 09:35 PM.

I did mine last time with the tracks on.. What a pain in the butt!! If you had a second elbow that was like a universal socket adapter and with 6" biceps, it wouldn't be a problem... I'm thinkin for the extra half an hour, I'll be pullin the tracks off..

+ Reply to Thread