Front Sprocket Question

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Front Sprocket Question

Front Sprocket Question

I have an 1987 Argo 8x8 and I have a question about the front sprockets. I have read that they are suppose to be floating. However when I purchased mine it had set screws in both the sprockets. Did they change to floating sprockets at some time or have they always been floating and for some reason mine have screws in them. I believe these sprockets are original so my question is should I make sure the screws are loose so they float or should I tighten them so they don't. Thanks in advance for the advice.

The 87's probably had set screws in them, Argo constantly changes to address problems. If your chains are in alignment leave them in and tight, if not you can remove them, evident side wear on the sprocket or idler shaft will determine this.

As an example the inner bearing has gone from locking collar to 2 set screws and a retaining bolt, to 2 set screws with lock tight and retaining bolt, to no set screws without lock tight and retaining bolt.
    Good luck

+ Reply to Thread