Any more info on this video

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Any more info on this video

Any more info on this video

My buddy and I came across this video and was wondering if anyone knew anything else or where we could find some pictures of his set up

2003 Argo Conquest
    Wasilla, Alaska

I've never seen it before. Interesting concept. I imagine the pontoons fold up out of the way.
    Stand for the Flag. Kneel for the Cross.

Have you tried contacting the Youtube user directly to ask him/her?

I am about to set up an identical rig on my Avenger. The outriggers in the video look like a bit like Scotty Stabilizers but longer-Scotty Paddle Sports

I looked at those but ended up buying a hard foam set of outriggers - Yak-Gear Outriggers - austinkayak.com - Product Details - large size.

The float set up in the video has metal mesh extensions, that is a neat idea vs. single pole brackets but I am guessing that was a home built fabrication. It is possible the big floats came from a fishig float boat (i.e. Cabelas)

They will provide stability and extra flotation plus have the advantage of being hard foam so no leaks (made from crab pot floats). They fold up out of the way and added bonus is that with extra sets of Scotty brackets, they can transfer to my kayak and canoe for fishing or taking clumsy dogs out for a paddle.
    Last edited by montague; 08-13-2014 at 09:24 AM.

Contact Keen Engineering. They make Gold dredging float equipment. Small to large pontoons, would be easily adaptable to Argo's.

For one thing...if he falls overboard he better be a good swimmer as the argo is going to leave him behind, with the kill switch attached to the roll bar!

+ Reply to Thread