2009 ARGO Avenger 750EFI

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2009 ARGO Avenger 750EFI

2009 ARGO Avenger 750EFI

I just bought a 2009 ARGO Avenger 750EFI....it would not start the other day....cranked nicely, but no explosion, so I took one plug out to check for spark....when I turned the key it tried to start on the other cylinder??

Do you know why this could have occurred?? I always like to know why with this machine as I rely on it to get me home when I am deep in the bush.

So I ended up replacing both plugs with new Champs RC14YC.....do you use these or recommend others??

The ARGO suggested Champs did not work for me in sub zero temps on my vanguard and bigfoot....I switched to NGK's and all was good.

Your feedback on this is much appreciated.

2009 ARGO Avenger 750EFI - Starting Problems - Part-2

Hello,

I'm still having starting problems with my 2009 ARGO Avenger 750EFI....please see my previous thread from last week for some background.

I thought I solved the original starting problem by installing new Champion RC14YC plugs (see previous thread) however....after sitting for a few days I had problems starting her again?? I had to crank it over several times in order to fire it up.

I would appreciate if someone could give me some insight on this.

My next step will be to replace the fuel filters.....should I do both the large metal one and the plastic one??....ARGO wants a fortune for the metal one....are there alternatives out there via another source??

I will do the filters regardless, however I have a feeling the starting issue is electrical??

Thanks
    Last edited by Mike; 08-25-2014 at 06:08 PM. Reason: merged two threads on the same topic. You can just reply to the existing thread to keep things organized and in one place.

HI,
    Typically a fuel injection filter will filter out smaller particles and operate at 30-60 psi.
    Most filters can be cross referenced
    If not u need a catalogue with pictures [body type/size, connections ]
    There is a possibility the filter is common but just not listed in any book .
    If all else fails adapt the most similar filter .

tomo

Try removing the o2 sensor and cleaning it.

Thanks for your reply Tomo...I will source out the filters......cheap maintenance at the end of the day.

Thanks Jim.....never thought of that......is there a special way to clean an o2 sensor???

.....a little brake cleaner, wire brush, steel wool perhaps????

Just want to make sure I don't damage it.

Rick

+ Reply to Thread