just picked up my first 6x6

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: just picked up my first 6x6

I recieved an email from argo my machine was built on Oct. 13, 1973. What is everyone using for chain tensioners? Mine has none on it now and the chains are starting to slap around. I'm going to be replacing them this week,just figured it would be a good time to add a tensioner setup.

Not really suitable for the holes you have, but here is a thread on a repair that I did to a friends machine when it was about 10 miles back in the bush.
    http://www.6x6world.com/forums/argo-...e-mission.html

Incidently, this Avenger is now sitting back out in the same place with a Blown Transmition. The owner has a new Trans sitting on the floor of his shop, just waiting for the 2 of us to get some time off together. Will head out and swap the Trans as soon as we can............ Maybe next weekend (I'm at work this weekend)

RD

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Doctor View Post
    Not really suitable for the holes you have, but here is a thread on a repair that I did to a friends machine when it was about 10 miles back in the bush.
    http://www.6x6world.com/forums/argo-...e-mission.html

Incidently, this Avenger is now sitting back out in the same place with a Blown Transmition. The owner has a new Trans sitting on the floor of his shop, just waiting for the 2 of us to get some time off together. Will head out and swap the Trans as soon as we can............ Maybe next weekend (I'm at work this weekend)

RD
    I like that patch work I have a few tears in the back by the drain plugs that I plan to patch. Looks very similar to your tears. Thanks for sharing.
    1973 Argo 6x6....23hp vanguard (project in the work)

Good news! I found a complete shell in great condition. CarGuy (steve) gave it to me. He was a great guy to talk to and also had some cool machines to show us. Now I can do my axle swap on this frame and tub. Then I can do an engine and T20 swap.
    1973 Argo 6x6....23hp vanguard (project in the work)

I have similar vintage and body style Argo 8 wheeler. Replaced Kohler 440 with 16hp Tecumsa. Did not think Briggs would fit. Piped exhaust out side of upper shell similar to way machines are done. Made small hood scoop for taller Tecumsa. Patched old exhaust hole in body on inside with heavy ga aluminum formed to fit. Sealed with good caulk and attached with rivets. Water proof patch. Drilled holes in frame and attached new chain tensioners with upper and lower wear pads to frame with 1/2" bolts through frame. Replaced axels, bearings, and chain with new splined axels and sprockets. Installed new 5 lug rims and tires. Amazing how new components can be used on older machines. Hope this helps.

+ Reply to Thread