argo bigfoot vanguard motor stalling issue

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: argo bigfoot vanguard motor stalling issue

argo bigfoot vanguard motor stalling issue

Hi, recently picked up a low hour machine which now has 115hrs, had it serviced and it was idling nicely. The problem is after you warm it up it wants to surge/pulse when idling and stalls when coming to a stop. I suspect it's the belt dragging as it sometimes doesn't spin and other times just whistles around while in neutral. I'm not having luck finding anything on the forum, and it's annoying, not to mention hard on the starter as it stalls 9-10 times on a 1/2 hr ride. if you have an idea or could direct me to a post, I would appreciate it!

If the mixture is set correctly and the idle set also, the belt shouldn't spin when idling and it should shift smoothly. The stalling at idle after she is warm is annoying and probably due to heat build up in the engine bay. Yes annoying. you can set the idle a little high to stop the stalling and apply the choke some to idle it down to shift, that's the way it was set up on my bigfoot when I got it. Or play with the mixture all the time, which I also find annoying. I'm going to try a fan to exhaust the heat out. Tomo suggested an inline muffler straight out but I don't have that ability to fabricate.

My vanguard 2 was doing that and the carb needed cleaning. No longer have that issue.

had the same problem with my 2013 fronter 650 . drove me nuts cooked a starter while i had the motor out changing the starter i checked the valves bingo they needed to be adjusted .look on u tube theres a couple of vids on adjusting valves.good luck

+ Reply to Thread