Argo body spacer. Anyone know deets???

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Argo body spacer. Anyone know deets???

Argo body spacer. Anyone know deets???

A buddy of mine bought this 8x8 a few months ago. Good machine, good deal. Basically, the guy just wanted it gone, like, NOW. So, happy to oblige, he took it off his hands and didn't ask questions. But, that leaves us all wondering, where on God's green earth did that 3" rubber body spacer come from, and where can I get (or make) one???

Anyone in the hive mind have any ideas?

Can I ask why you would want one? Norm..

Quote Originally Posted by Normable1973 View Post
    Can I ask why you would want one? Norm..
    mine would be for hood clearance. My argo has a briggs 23 in it and it barely fits. I'm interested in this also.

Hood clearance as well as more buoyancy. Can ride a little deeper in the water. Primary use of machine will be to go camping, just like in this picture. We cross two lakes. Its nice to have that little bit extra.

For hood clearance, because I'm putting a diesel in mine. Its a thermoking yanmar, so it has an enormous oil pan. I like the oil pan, so don't want to change it for a smaller one, but will need at least two extra inches at the hood.

McMaster-Carr sells rubber in 1"x 2" sections up to 25 foot long.

I am working on something just like that but it will be made from c channel. Can you get some pictures from the inside, wonder if it ties into the frame at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Rushlow View Post
    I am working on something just like that but it will be made from c channel. Can you get some pictures from the inside, wonder if it ties into the frame at all?
    If you tie it into the frame you can eliminate the lower tub sagging from the extra weight of the spacer.

We deal with McMaster Carr at work, will have a look. This one is a solid piece though, not stacked at all. If I do it, will be tied into the frame. I plan on building a rack as well, so would be nice to support that too.

I am fighting tub sagging and need some extra height under the hood for the engine. I am interested to see how it ties into the frame and if it's cut and bent around the corners or if it was made to fit. Could use conveyor belt or something like that and glue layers together. It doesn't look like that was how it was constructed.

I am still thinking it needs to tie into the frame some how which would mean that you need some way of joining the rubber to steal. Either it has steal in the core and had mounts on the inside.

Lets see the inside you got to snap some pictures for us

Check into a Heavy Truck dody bulder or repair shop. Thay use this type of rubber for trailer repair and seals.

+ Reply to Thread