Avenger 750 EFI Fuel Filter Replacement

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Avenger 750 EFI Fuel Filter Replacement

Avenger 750 EFI Fuel Filter Replacement

I just changed the small plastic fuel filter (not the large metal one after the pump) on my 2009 Avenger 750EFI and after putting the new one on the pump does not seem to be able to bring fuel thru the filter and on-wards into the pump and to the engine.

After replacing the filter i turned the key to the run position for a good 30 seconds without cranking and heard the pump but no fuel was visible thru the new clear filter. I then started the engine and it ran until fuel ran dry from the lines after the pump I guess.

Do I need to prime the system some how after replacing this filter???

Would appreciate your help with this.

efi filter

Quote Originally Posted by Rickb View Post
    I just changed the small plastic fuel filter (not the large metal one after the pump) on my 2009 Avenger 750EFI and after putting the new one on the pump does not seem to be able to bring fuel thru the filter and on-wards into the pump and to the engine.

After replacing the filter i turned the key to the run position for a good 30 seconds without cranking and heard the pump but no fuel was visible thru the new clear filter. I then started the engine and it ran until fuel ran dry from the lines after the pump I guess.

Do I need to prime the system some how after replacing this filter???

Would appreciate your help with this.
    I had to replace both filters on my 2007 efi. The metal one was a ridiculous price but it worked. I blame ethanol gas and use hi test now?

Thanks Philip - I will hunt down the EFI filter and see if that does it.....do I have to go to ARGO for this filter?? Is there another third party option out there FRAM/Napa/etc..???

I have a napa # at the shop about 25$ from Argo list 95. Will post # when back. Check for a leak at pre filter connection. Any air leak will pick up air and no pressure. Was there a problem before changing filter?

Awesome...thanks!

Found filter # it's a 3310 NAPA. Test fuel pressure if possible. Spec is 39 psi +-3. They start to idle poor at 33-35 and just won't take any throttle at 30psi. I've had several defective pumps with low hour vehicles. Kohler # for pump is 24-393-52-S. Good luck

Thanks msafi65 for all the helpful information!!......I'm still trying to sort all this out.....will let you know how it unfolds.

Pump is probably Air Locked. Just disconect the fuel line downstream of the pump, turn on the key, and let the pump draw fuel through the filter and discharge it into a bottle or can for a few seconds. Re connect the fuel line and you should be good to go.

RD

Thanks RD.....I did that last night with a direct hose from the pump to the tank and the pump made noise but no fuel out the downstream end????

Do you think she's pooched??? A new pump costs a fortune....not sure why????

Cheers, Rick

Quote Originally Posted by Rickb View Post
    Thanks RD.....I did that last night with a direct hose from the pump to the tank and the pump made noise but no fuel out the downstream end????

Do you think she's pooched??? A new pump costs a fortune....not sure why????

Cheers, Rick
    Maybe......, or maybe the suction screen is plugged right off IN the tank. You could try pumping fuel from one pop bottle to another to confirm.
    You can get a generic low pressure fuel pump from NAPA for quite a bit less than the Argo one. I don't have the part # handy, but it is mentioned a couple times in some older threads if you want to try searching for it.

Kyle

+ Reply to Thread