Checking inner bearings

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Checking inner bearings

Checking inner bearings

Hi,
    I'm in the process of changing out a couple outer bearings with HD ones from Adair. My question is how do you guys tell if the inner bearings need replacing? Or is it better to change them both at the same time? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Chris

Inner bearings do last a little longer then the outer. But for peace of mind, just change it, you have it all apart anyway. Then you know what you have.

If you're unsure, then change them, but doing a Lift Check on the axles will expose bad bearings on the inner or outer bearing,
    I get about 3-4 times more life from the Inner bearings compared to the Outer Bearings.

RD

Thanks guys, I think I'll just change them out. What is an average to get out of inner/outer bearings when maintained properly? Or are there too many variables to come up with a consistent average? I have a 2007 avenger with the 18" rubber tracks

Too many variables, in my experience. Sometimes you get 10's of hours, sometimes you get hundreds of hours.
    What I will say is that 18" Rubber tracks eat bearings, tensioners, and chains, ect for lunch. You might consider Track Tuners for your machine if you run those tracks a lot.

RD

+ Reply to Thread