rotors question

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: rotors question

rotors question

Can the rotors be turned on argos? My left side feels like it is warped a little. It seem to grab release grab release grab release when turning.

I don't think so. I vaguely remember discussing this a long time ago, and was told that it could not be done.
    It may just have been that there was no place local to me that could do it.

RD

That's what I am afraid of. I think turning them would make it to thin

It's scrap anyway so what's to lose, chuck it in the lathe and try it.

I have an old output shaft to hold them but they don't turn good usually hard spots. I have used a tool post grinder but new can be had for about $120 each and you get a known good one. I usually just remove the rust and call it good if they aren't jerky.

Some engine shops with a fly wheel grinde may be able to surfice them. Turning one is not the way to get a warp or hot spot out. You need to have them Surface ground like a flywheel .

+ Reply to Thread