Quick question on floor pan

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Quick question on floor pan

Quick question on floor pan

How thick is the steel in a floor pan. My bigfoots floor pan is wrecked from rust and I'm going to lay a new piece over it and mig it to the frame rails. I don't want to put something to thick in and make the frame to rigid. I know a few guys on here have redone frames so hoping Someone might know. Thanks!
    fbCoderson75
    Antigonish, NS
    1998 bigfoot 18hp vanguard

Been digging through the search tool results and I guess it comes down to 1/16 or 1/8. Just depends on the degree of flex you prefer..
    fbCoderson75
    Antigonish, NS

The entire frame is 11Ga., if you have no plans of doing a complete rebuild at this time you may want to let it be until your ready and do it right. Welding the frame out of square may be worse.

hi
    1/16 thick

tomo

Good to know. Thanks guys. I don't think the frame is out of square. I did a Couple diagonal measurements and from what I can tell the cross members and remaining floor on the front and back and keeping things together. But I think a tear down might be the better solution. See what kind of time I can devout over the winter.
    fbCoderson75
    Antigonish, NS

hi
    The plate steel is there to reduce tortional twist. The c channels do not do this that well.

tomo

+ Reply to Thread