moose boom

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: moose boom

moose boom

moose boom 6.jpgmoose boom 5.jpgmoose boom 4.jpgmoose boom 3.jpgmoose boom 1.jpg
    Well, I'm not ashamed to admit, we are shooting BIGGER moose, those quarters are getting heavier to lift & I don't care what you say, age should not have have a thing to do with it. No I am not getting to old to be out there, hopfuly just getting smarter, cough-cough.

Coincidence, just built and fitted a similar thing to a mates Argo to lift deer. Made it so it bolts to the rear quarter permanently and extends up and down. When up it's got enough height for skinning or (as it rotates) lifting into back of Argo. When down it's just lower than the hood (soft top) so clears bushes, trees etc. He's well pleased.

Great idea. Nice job on the jib crane.
    What it lacks in ground clearance it makes up for with traction.

Quote Originally Posted by rodp View Post
    Coincidence, just built and fitted a similar thing to a mates Argo to lift deer. Made it so it bolts to the rear quarter permanently and extends up and down. When up it's got enough height for skinning or (as it rotates) lifting into back of Argo. When down it's just lower than the hood (soft top) so clears bushes, trees etc. He's well pleased.
    Oh yea, handy for anything heavy, mine just lifts off the post & stores on the right side as you can see in one of the pics. Handy to access when the back is loaded full.
    My brother in-law had a flat on his trailer in the swamp & I just pulled up along side, pulled 3 pins, set boom on the pin, lifted the trailer up & swapped out the flat.

Quote Originally Posted by tbone9 View Post
    Great idea. Nice job on the jib crane.
    Thank you, I actually bought the jib & winch from a fellow in Eagle River, Alaska. He makes them for his Polaris 6x6 & I adapted it my my conquest. They are awesome!

Nice setup you have there...anyone can work hard....takes a smart person to work smart....

Nice looking moose....hope to get my moose later this week with the bow before all the other crazies get in the woods with the rifles......
    Even if you’re on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.
    —Will Rogers

Good Job guys, Nice Moose

RD

Well done on All fronts

Quote Originally Posted by moos-a-boo View Post
    Attachment 12743Attachment 12742Attachment 12741Attachment 12740Attachment 12739
    Well, I'm not ashamed to admit, we are shooting BIGGER moose, those quarters are getting heavier to lift & I don't care what you say, age should not have have a thing to do with it. No I am not getting to old to be out there, hopfuly just getting smarter, cough-cough.
    Great pictures! I had to study pic.# 1 for quite a while. You travel prepared. Some of the gear behind the seat with the rifle case ,I couldn't identify for sure. Spare wheel ,chainsaw,cordless drill folding crane and on and on. Very impressive. I know from direct experience that old age makes handy equipment important. But, in picture # 5 using a winch to lift an axle? I hope that's just serving as a weight.Ha Ha Enjoy the moose, I can almost taste it now.moos-a boo

Quote Originally Posted by guyfox View Post
    Nice setup you have there...anyone can work hard....takes a smart person to work smart....

Nice looking moose....hope to get my moose later this week with the bow before all the other crazies get in the woods with the rifles......
    Thank you, good luck TO YOU, have fun

+ Reply to Thread