2005 Argo Avenger seat frame question

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2005 Argo Avenger seat frame question

2005 Argo Avenger seat frame question

Hi All,

The tubular frame for the seat has rusted and cracked where the bolt goes through into the tub holding the frame in place - so I bought a replacement but when trying to unscrew the bolt, it started to spin about half way out.

Is there an insert in the tub (not accessible) or a hidden bolt? Any tips or hints on how to get the bolts out and replaced

If you are trying to remove the upper (crosswise) seat frame there are 6 10/32? bolts through the body each side. Best to remove the upper, in the lower seat frame there are 4 rivet nuts with 1/4 inch bolts.

If you are talking the backrest frame, there are 2 rivet nuts in the upper, you may get away with t-nuts as a replacement. Again upper body removal is best if they are spinning.

Backrest frame- so splitting the hull is the only way to do this, correct? Thanks.

Cut the head off the bolt/screw
    It will drop down, you can fish it out with out splitting tub.
    Then use some new jack nuts as a replacement.
    Job done.

Thanks! I actually picked up some metal cutting blades today with exactly that plan in mind. Those puppies are coming out of there and then I will experiment with blind rivets/nuts/t-nuts/well nuts until I have a solution.

appreciate the help all.

Hey there Montague, those inserts are called rivlets , much like a rivet and install the same way with the proper tool. A friend of mine got one to put an aluminum floor in his boat and was very impressed with it. I would check with a boat shop or auto parts store and go one size over the original bolt size. It would be a very clean way to mount lots of other gadgets without trying to start a nut in a tight spot.

Good Evening beagle man Googled rivlets but nothing but rivets showed up Could you post a picture of a rivlet Please Thank You Steve

Would that be a rivnut or rivet nut? Rivet nut - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sounds like it might work in the application.

Try McMaster-Carr they have tons of goodies. McMaster-Carr

+ Reply to Thread