1" insert bearings, where to get?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 1" insert bearings, where to get?

1" insert bearings, where to get?

As I start to get parts to get here to put things back together in the Magnum, I am trying to order all my bearings through work, since its much cheaper. NTN won't sell us the SBX Argo specific bearings, and I'm having a heck of a time trying to find a 62mm with a 1" bore. Anybody have any suggestions for what manufacturer or what supplier to go to? Preferably if its a supplier, that they are represented in Ontario, or at least Canada.

If it comes down to it, I guess I'll get 5 of the 1" bearings from Argo for the 5 axles that have the turned down end, and get the other three turned to 1 1/8" for bearings I know I can get, and get 1 1/4" for the outers and idler shafts.

Have you tried any tractor supply places? Some times you can also local source thru a local bearing store...I know that here in NL there are a couple places....Also try princess auto??????
    Even if you’re on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.
    —Will Rogers

hi
    What is so unusual about these bearings ???
    62 mm outer ,curved outer /self locating 1 inch bore
    Either eccentric locking ring or grub screw
    triple seal -use these for outer bearing or
    standard 2 lip seal for inners

Not all bearing companies list these
    Many on the site use Buffalo bearing

tomo

The bearing number I have for the 62mm OD 1" ID insert bearing is UCX05-16. Buffalo Bearing 1-800-669-8019 (Buffalo NY, USA) does stock these. Try doing a search in your area for the UCX05-16 ad on ebay.

1" Medium Duty Set Screw Insert Bearing UCX05 16 UCX05 16g New | eBay

This listing says they ship to Canada.
    Last edited by Dan67; 10-14-2014 at 08:25 PM.

I plan to get them through work. We buy some bearings direct from manufacturer, and some through other driveline suppliers. Apparently the manufacturers either don't make them, or like to keep them out of their catalogs. They all list the 1" bearing under a 52mm OD, not 62mm. Its weird. I had the bearing guy looking for quite a while before he gave me a puzzled look. That's why I ask you guys if you know any part numbers, or manufacturers that you know make them. Princess and Tractor supply co don't have this size either.

I WILL find some, just a matter of looking in the right place.

hi
    triple seal outer and standard 2 lip seal inner

tomo

Again,please don't quote me,but the triple seal 62 OD x 1" ID seem to be a "bastard" size. 52 OD stop at 1" ID and 62 OD start at 1-1/8 or 1-14 ID. I think ODG has the "rights" to the triple seal 62 x 1". I don't use the triple seal for my Argo inners,no need to.

I concur Joe. For the most part, my inners will be running in air. I don't plan to take it through that much water, and if stuff is leaking that bad, I'm gonna fix it. Plus, I got them fancy grease lines for the inners!

Motion Industries carries them. You'll have to call them to get the price. They have distribution in Canada. They carry the inner and outer bearings. I bought mine for about half of what the dealers charge.

Motion was the first place called. They're the ones told me they couldn't sell me NTN SBX bearings as they are OEM proprietary. I saw them listed on Motion's US website.

+ Reply to Thread