Do I need to change the thermostate?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Do I need to change the thermostate?

Do I need to change the thermostate?

Last week on the hunting trip in northern BC my 03 conquest overheated. After cooling I noticed that the temp would go up to 200 then back to 170 and cycle but slowly climbing to close to 200. I think that I should change the thermostate, is there one that is better that others? What temp.? And is there any hints of how to do it?
    Also....suck or blow...which way should the fan be? Mine sucks through the radiator and blows hot air onto the motor.
    Thanks, Ross

I have a 2002 Conquest and the temp gauge is always rising and falling. I have had for four years. Did this just start? Mine will vapor lock ( fuel trying to vaporize in the line near or at the carburetor) when it gets a hot. If you watch some videos of the members in the south you will notice many run without the hoods on. Your fan is turning the correct rotation, you don't want it pulling in exhaust fumes and there would be more heat. Good luck with your ride.

If it is rising and falling I'd think the tstat is working, check the belt tension on the fan and that your coolant is full. Try cleaning the fins on the radiator either with air or a garden hose as they may be clogged.
    good luck, jim

Thanks, this argo is new to me as I ran an 80's air cooled argo for years. Good advice, I will clean the Rad and try removing the hood.
    Ross

hi
    Argo = remove hood in hot weather

tomo

Might check the coolant level also. Had a few street vehicles with small leaks and when the temp gauge started raising/falling I knew it was time to add coolant.

+ Reply to Thread