Conquest bearing and axle install

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Conquest bearing and axle install

Conquest bearing and axle install

Replacing all the chains, inner and outer bearings on my 1998 Conquest. When tearing it down I noticed that several of the outer bearing set screws had came loose and scared up the shaft. When I put it back together should I Loctite the bearing set screws? Also should I address the area where the shaft is damaged?

Thanks!!
    1998 Argo Conquest
    1999 Jeep Wrangler on 35s

You should use locktite on the set screws when you reassemble everything. Some people use two set screws instead and that seems to work as well. As for the shaft being scarred from the set screw spinning on it, unless there is something specific to a Conquest that I don't know about, it shouldn't affect anything. If it has burrs, you may want to sand them off.

Thanks. I'll loctite both set screws.
    1998 Argo Conquest
    1999 Jeep Wrangler on 35s

Just don't use red Loctite. Blue should be plenty strong enough.
    I don't use it myself, I just dimple the shafts where the setscrews ride. Seems to work fine.

RD

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Doctor View Post
    Just don't use red Loctite. Blue should be plenty strong enough.
    I don't use it myself, I just dimple the shafts where the setscrews ride. Seems to work fine.

RD

Blue is plenty strong and since Argo went away from the knurled set screws been doing the same, dimpling is good and what Argo used to do to the jackshafts. Never used to do loctite til recently when I had a machine with 40 hours on it come in with loose set screws.

+ Reply to Thread