2011 750 HDI high temps

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2011 750 HDI high temps

2011 750 HDI high temps

Unit was purchased used in the spring, I put ~60hrs on it this year already(310hrs total). So many places to see, so little time

Issue is Radiator plugging with Fines/Tamarack needles, have to blow it out from Fan side after every use and then Shopvac Air intake housing. Its not uncommon to have to stop often to clean leaves off exterior screen. There are very few "groomed trails" where we Hunt Moose and Elk, just the way I like it. Keeps the Quad access down.

Question, has anyone been running a pre screen before Radiator? I realize it can possibly cause air flow restriction, but I see a possible benefit with ease of cleaning fines before its in Radiator, cleaning exterior of rad just isn't enough sometimes.

Unit is not overheating, just running hotter then normal under load. I typically see 3 bars under normal conditions, 4 bars Pulling Moose, I get belt slipping and hand brake fade off. I will flush brake with DOT5 if I can find any. Feet get pretty warm.

We pulled a small Bull Moose out this morning, -2C last night so not warm, no belt slipping but hand brake fades. No need for a Heater

Looking at install hood fan, but see it more as a bandaid

Ever since I bought 2011 750HDI, seems everyone in town calls for help draggin moose/elk out of the bush. Setup to handle pretty much anything, Argos make it so much easier. I actually enjoy doing it

On my older Avenger, the Kohler motor had a pre-screen on the radiator. I don't think a fan on the hood is a bad idea either. Argo sells a hood / fan kit that you can purchase to help pull some of the hot air out of the engine compartment.

We had the same issues this fall in the mountains. HDI brake fade on the HDI's and my (2005 avenger) steering fade. Talked to an Argo Distributor rep and they said the hood fan will likely fix that. He said they were seeing a 40 degree (Fahrenheit I assume) drop in engine compartment temps.

I had one but have not installed it yet. No point right now in the NWT, I need all the heat I can get!

Derek

hi temps

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    On my older Avenger, the Kohler motor had a pre-screen on the radiator. I don't think a fan on the hood is a bad idea either. Argo sells a hood / fan kit that you can purchase to help pull some of the hot air out of the engine compartment.
    yes, My older avenger has a pre screen on the rad. Sometimes it gets covered with cat tails or whatever pretty quick.Its nice to just pull it up ,shake it off and go. Can;t beleive that Argo cancelled that. I would talk to a kohler dealer to see if you can maybe get one.
    The hood fan is prob. a good idea on the hdi machines

+ Reply to Thread