Conquest Brake or Transmission issue?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Conquest Brake or Transmission issue?

Conquest Brake or Transmission issue?

New owner here. 1998 Conquest. I just completed a bearing, seal and chain replacement. I also drained and cleaned the brakes. Replaced with Dot 5. I still have the wheels off and I started it up to see how things were working. Be fore I started the right brake was dragging really bad. When I took the calipers and master cylinder apart it was obvious that they were just gummed up. Now when I put it in gear only the right side turns. But if I brake right the left side will turn. If I brake both, nothing moves. The left side will creep if I rev the engine, in gear of course. So my question is do I have a tranny issue? I just bought this unit and it shows 103 hours. It is in very good shape. Any ideas?

Thanks
    Jud
    1998 Argo Conquest
    1999 Jeep Wrangler on 35s

No.

The Argo trans is a simple open differential design. The easiest side to spin will get all the power while the other side gets none. To compensate a small amount of brake pressure has to be applied to the spinning side equaling them out. It will take a little time to learn this skill.

Here is a couple videos and some discussion on the subject http://www.6x6world.com/forums/trans...vs-t-20-a.html

Thanks! The link was super helpful.
    1998 Argo Conquest
    1999 Jeep Wrangler on 35s

+ Reply to Thread