Thumb Throttle

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Thumb Throttle

Just a thought, check out Mike's build of his Avenger as he is going to try a combination thumb/twist unit on his.
    Years ago I had a Tecumseh machine with a sled throttle on it similar to what Max uses, you did not use the thumb but the index or index/middle fingers giving you traditional three finger grip of bars using whole forearm muscle for throttle control.

I tried a device similar to that and no help still fatiguing. the advantage is like argo Jim just mentioned, two fingers to pull throttle and two to grip bar. I used the stock throttle cable. The brake handle also allows you to drill into the brake handle so you can pin the throttle open for optimum tire speed in water or open throttle for when stuck in muck and need two hands to rock the machine by the roll bars. Once unstuck and before really going I can just pull the pin throttle closes and I can then resume throttle control to drive out and on. If you look at a brake handle on a bike there is part of it that is not exposed while brake not used, covered in the motionless portion of the brake lever. When brake pulled it gets exposed and that is where I drilled the hole for pinning the throttle. The pin prevents the lever from returning to the resting position. I am sending pics to Dee tomorrow and maybe he will post, I find this site very awkward to post photos.

6x6 world Book for Dummies

b
    Last edited by Deedeelin1; 06-23-2017 at 11:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ARGOJIM View Post
    Just a thought, check out Mike's build of his Avenger as he is going to try a combination thumb/twist unit on his.
    I'm using the same Moose Racing throttle that Liflod posted a photo of.

Quote Originally Posted by trevorakm1 View Post
    I am sending pics to Dee tomorrow and maybe he will post, I find this site very awkward to post photos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deedeelin1 View Post
    I to have problems with the site. I asked my wife to help me, she tried and gave up. My boy will be over sometime soon and I will ask him to walk me threw it. I know it must be something we are missing, too many of you know what you are doing. I alway buy the Book For Dummies on most anything I do, MIKE I will buy your book if you write one for us.
    No need for a book, this thread will tell you step by step how to get photos on the site: http://www.6x6world.com/forums/6x6-w...-pictures.html

Mine doesn't have the twist option, just thumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Deedeelin1 View Post
    I to have problems with the site. I asked my wife to help me, she tried and gave up. My boy will be over sometime soon and I will ask him to walk me threw it. I know it must be something we are missing, too many of you know what you are doing. I alway buy the Book For Dummies on most anything I do, MIKE I will buy your book if you write one for us.
    This is free and you can download all your pictures here and it save's them for as long as you keep the account. easy to use and post to most any forum etc

Photo and image hosting, free photo galleries, photo editing

That dual twist/thumb is cool idea, any links to a retailer for it?

I'd have to change to horizontal control levers instead of vertical however that's not impossible.

I'm still working on a foot feed mechanical throttle at this point...ugh
    MUSCATEER 6x6
    Kubota 14hp 2cyl diesel engine, Hagen/Rooter transmission Comet 780 Drive/770 Driven 22x12x8 Bearclaw tyres
    Soon to add on a ... RHB31 Turbo..guess that would make it a
    MUSCA TUR BOTA then eh?
    94 F350 4x4 7.3 IDI ZF 5sp
    90 Bronco..awaiting a rebuild like no other = Tons and turbo diesel

Okanagan Similkameen BC Canada
    Al "Camo pants"

Quote Originally Posted by riotwarrior View Post
    That dual twist/thumb is cool idea, any links to a retailer for it?

I'd have to change to horizontal control levers instead of vertical however that's not impossible.

I'm still working on a foot feed mechanical throttle at this point...ugh

I use these alot on stuff

http://www.mcssl.com/store/midwestsu...gas-pedal-kit-

I have one of the throttles from Richard's Relics on my 96 Conquest. It was on it when I bought the machine. It's mounted with the lever facing the front of the ARGO, so it works like a squeeze throttle. Works VERY WELL in my estimation. Here is another: Throttle Control and Cable | Bog Hog Mud Motors.

Quote Originally Posted by Nubs View Post
    I use these alot on stuff

Gas Pedal Kit - Midwest Super Cub
    for that price I'm quite tempted to throw on in, have you got some images of how it mounts and cable attaches?

I'm not liking a cable is all, I've got the OLD mechanical setup...which can be modified, but that foot feed would be easy to mount and route!
    MUSCATEER 6x6
    Kubota 14hp 2cyl diesel engine, Hagen/Rooter transmission Comet 780 Drive/770 Driven 22x12x8 Bearclaw tyres
    Soon to add on a ... RHB31 Turbo..guess that would make it a
    MUSCA TUR BOTA then eh?
    94 F350 4x4 7.3 IDI ZF 5sp
    90 Bronco..awaiting a rebuild like no other = Tons and turbo diesel

Okanagan Similkameen BC Canada
    Al "Camo pants"

+ Reply to Thread