Led light bar

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Led light bar

Led light bar

b
    Last edited by Deedeelin1; 06-23-2017 at 10:12 AM.

I bought the square led lights for our desert run and they worked great. I have nothing but the standard equipment on the crush no alternator.

LumenĀ® - 27 Watt Square LED Off-Road Driving Light

http://http://www.carid.com/lumen/lu...t-9843954.html

Look at these,

Lewis
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways , cigar in one hand, whiskey in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!!!"

Thank you Lewis

B
    Last edited by Deedeelin1; 06-23-2017 at 10:13 AM.

Deedeelin1, I put a toggle switch on the brake cooling fan so I can shut it down when not needed. The magneto charging system on the Conquest is only 20 amps, that's only 240 watts. The fan draws 84 watts @ 7 amps. Add up the wattage and don't worry about the lumens. I forgot how many watts the factory lights draw, I think they were 35 watts a piece. The key is don't let it idle with the fan and lights on because it will run your battery down = no winch power. I learned this my first winter with it, picture 20 below on the wrong side of the river 5 miles from the truck stuck with no winch power because I let it idle with the lights on while shoveling out a snow drift I couldn't drive over on my way out. steep learning curve on power management lol. I'm getting the alternator kit for my little putt putt and then bring on the lights, bells' and whisles. By the way the champion plugs has it purring like a kitten.

Fan Switch

B
    Last edited by Deedeelin1; 06-23-2017 at 10:14 AM.

I got a cheap Chinese led light bar off ebay for $125. Has been working great for over a year now. I also have my frame fan on a switch. I did it mostly for winching and starting in cold weather. I don't have an alternator kit. But haven't really had the need as of yet. I also keep mine on a trickle charger when ever I'm close to electric.

Rigid

B
    Last edited by Deedeelin1; 06-23-2017 at 10:15 AM.

A typical LED will generate about 100 lumens per Watt. If your light bar doesn't provide an Amp or Watt number that can provide you with a number to estimate with. You don't care about lumens, you only care about Watts or Amps. Watts divided by Volts (12) = Amps.

The size of your alternator is what matters, not the battery. Picture the alternator as a faucet feeding power into a bucket (the battery). If you draw power out faster than the faucet can fill it, you will run out. The size of the bucket just dictates how long it will take, but it will happen.

One other thing, how about putting that fan on a thermostat so that it will only kick on when needed?

b
    Last edited by Deedeelin1; 06-23-2017 at 10:16 AM.

+ Reply to Thread