Removing Conquest Power Pack

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Removing Conquest Power Pack

Removing Conquest Power Pack

I am restoring my Conquest. Would like to remove the power pack. Could someone be kind enough to give me some pointers? Thanks.

Remove the 3 bolts through powerpack frame, disc. battery cables, disc. exhaust, remove brake calipers and master cyl mount with sticks and cyl.s attached, disc. throttle and choke cable, unplug wire harness, remove dash support over trans, remove shifter handle, remove trans chains, disc. brake fan hose. Unless I'm forgetting something it should come out the hood opening as a unit.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Thanks, ArgoJim. I'm not in front of the machine now. Where are the 3 bolts on the power pack from located? I believe I've read that there are 2 in the rear near the transmission and one in the front.

Quote Originally Posted by Ford View Post
    Thanks, ArgoJim. I'm not in front of the machine now. Where are the 3 bolts on the power pack from located? I believe I've read that there are 2 in the rear near the transmission and one in the front.
    Right you are, they all have 15/16 heads so should be easy to find.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Thanks

I just unbolted my tran. and pulled it out through the dash. just made it eazer to get at all the other odds and ends. Then the motor and mount came out through the top.

Took me 2hrs to get mine out, but I didn't have any tips from ArgoJim :-)

RD

Navigate to 6x6world home page. Near the top on the left you will find a list: brochures, ... Manuals, ...
    Click Manuals and then click Argo. This will get you to a page with the service manual broke out. <click here and I will take you to the service manual broke out>
    The instructions you are looking for are in the Engine section.

removed mine in 20 minutes,after I drilled all the rivets out and separated the body.

thanks for all the info. Being new to the site, I didn't realize that the manuals were online. Very helpful.

+ Reply to Thread