Let it snow!

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Let it snow!

Let it snow!

I think I finally have my Conquest straightened out. Just in time too, supposed to get close to a foot of snow tomorrow.

nice setup

Where at in pa are you from?
    I like the tracks it will plow nice with them I think.

I'm in Susquehanna county, about 30 minutes south of Binghamton, NY.

nice looking set up you have there

Nice machine.
    Not sure what your snow conditions are like there, but if it were here, you would need to add some cleats, or chains, or some other type of traction enhancer to those Supertracks.
    I used to put bolts through the factory holes in mine, I've also see some that have chains bolted across the track segments.
    Just a though, but like I said, I'm not familiar with your conditions.

Cheers
    RD

Nice machine PaSean, if you have not already run that machine around some hills carefully and get used to the lack of traction before you get in a bad spot with it.
    Also looks like there's 5 or more psi, if the tracks do not have a half segment in them now, you may want to air down some by removing a full section and adding the 1/2 segment as tub clearance looks minimal. If you hear them smacking the body the tires are over inflated.

Hate to see this happen.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Thanks all. Thanks for the tips ArgoJim, I'll check that out.

nice looking rig, uhh no snow down here please!

Thanks for the tips RockDoctor. I've got to admit, I was really really skeptical about being able to plow my drive. It's at an incline for several hundred feet. We wound up getting about 7" of snow and it was somewhere between heavy and light kind of snow. This little Argo went up the hill with the plow cutting to the ground and the only problem I had was turning with the plow down. I figured out how to work around that and had my drive plowed in under an hour. Hate to admit it but it did better than my old Polaris Ranger 6x6 for plowing. Don't know if it made a difference or not but I loaded down the rear seating area with about 300 lbs of weight. Deer hunting tomorrow so hopefully I'll have the chance to see how it works over the river and through the woods when I pull my buck out.

Nice Conquest. I can't tell if you have the ice cleat kit on your tracks, but they will help a bit in harder packed snow and ice, which will probably be the case after you run your plow over it. They are pretty cheap too. Good luck on the hunt and so us some pics!

+ Reply to Thread