06 avenger operating temperature ? (Gauge)

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 06 avenger operating temperature ? (Gauge)

06 avenger operating temperature ? (Gauge)

Hi all, what is the water temperature gauge supposed to read at average . My gauge does not move at all after running at idle for 15 minutes As well, I believe the low oil temp light is supposed to come on when the key is turned on , and then go off shortly after starting . My light does not come on at all ! Wiring issue ? The machine is like new with 120 hrs

Got the oil dummy light working ! ( loose wire ) ! �� operating temp still an issue , I'm guessing , might be the sensor ? Any way to test it ?

I have the same issue with my 2005 avenger. One day the temp gauge just wouldn't get to operating range. I changed the thermostat, still the same. I ran it for a few hours as it appeared the temps were okay and slowly the gauge creeped up to te mid range. I figured its just a gauge issue. I couldn't find any loose wires though.

Ya, I wonder if there's a way to test the gauge ?

I have the same issue. The temperature gauge barely moves. I suspect the thermostat, but before replacing it in this cold weather I put some cardboard in front of the radiator and, low and behold, the temperature gauge went up to 170. When I raised the cardboard up a little to expose about 1/4 of the core the temperature gauge leveled off and stayed just below 170.
    When the warmer weather comes I will replace the thermostat.

One way to check if the sensor and gauge unit is working correctly or not is to remove the sensor and put its end into water that is boiling.You need to earth out the sensor body to complete the circuit.If the gauge reads 212 degrees F the circuit is fine and its the engine thats not reaching temperature.

03 Avenger with a heater kit,only once in a blue moon does mine move off the pin,never really bothered with it one thing for sure its never overheated.NCT

Good idea I will try that.
    Thanks wern

+ Reply to Thread