New 2015 Argo 750 hdi

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New 2015 Argo 750 hdi

New 2015 Argo 750 hdi

Hey guys I just bought a new Argo 750 hdi in December and really like it. I do have a few questions tho. My battery was not very good from day one. If it is below -15 it dies really easy. If it's colder then -20 it won't even turn motor over. I charged it up a few times with same results shortly after. So I bought a new(different) battery today. Haven't tried it yet. This leads to my main question. Do many guys have starting issues? I find mine a bit finicky below zero. It usually starts fairly quick but then idols slow and dies. And then it's hard to start. With that factory battery I would only get a few attempts and then battery would die. If I give it a bit of gas and keep it running until warm then it works perfectly. Now what boggles me is on most efi systems you do not give it gas as the efi system normally works it's magic. I also had to give it gas while cranking at times to get it to fire which is also different from most efi systems. All my other efi toys will turn over all day and not fire if you are on the gas. I am going to install new battery in next day or so as it should help some. This Argo has the added alternator and heater. Does anyone have any advice for me? I was really hoping for better starting as my fiancé was planning on using Argo a bit for work. I would not send her out in the cold the way it's been so far. Other then starting issue while cold I really do like unit!

I have 2010 HDi and also when I start cold engine and leave it to idle it usually dies ones or some times twice. After new start it stays on. I never touch gas when Im starting it.

Only ones (few weeks ago) I have to give more electricity from tractor. I put Argo to trailer at evening and it was idle almost all the time all work lights on. Next morning was about -15c and it woudnt start. I have orginal battery on but problem was that Argo didnt charge it enough when rpms was low. Next morning was even colder. I keep all night Argo in battery charger and it was outside. Night temperature was -22c and morning when I start Argo it was -19c. Argo started easily with no problems.

I buy new 55ah Yellow top Optima but I havent put it to Argo yet. I dont have altenator so I have to charge battery some times with charger to keep it full.

Marko
    Last edited by Markol; 01-15-2015 at 07:17 AM.

I will install new battery in the morning and see how it works. Hoping for some more reliable cold starting. Like i said when mine dies it dont like to start to easily second attempt. Like it floods itself or somthing.. Will see what happens..

Quote Originally Posted by Atvmodster View Post
    I will install new battery in the morning and see how it works. Hoping for some more reliable cold starting. Like i said when mine dies it dont like to start to easily second attempt. Like it floods itself or somthing.. Will see what happens..
    I try to keep a pretty fresh battery in mine,it sits outside most times and we regularly see -30 F,I use a 0w 30 synthetic oil for late December thru mid March and keep a battery tender on it all the time when not in use,I rarely have starting issues that said will be installing a in line block heater soon as there are times that it dips below the -30 mark and I need to use the machine.Cheers NCT

Installed new battery and so far so good. Its only taken one attempt to start so far. But coldest temp has only been -15c. I wonder if a weak battery can cause issues with efi system in the cold with this efi system?
    2015 argo camo 750hdi- rubber tracks, bilage pump, rear hand rails, winch, brush guard, alternator, heater, full soft cab and windsheild.

Well voltage has everything to do with the EFI system from fuel to ignition,another reason for a proper battery tender,some of the things I have found fresh in season fuel is important,proper oil weight and the use of synthetic a must in the deep cold,if you use your machine with a plow the winch is a battery eater,again put it on a tender when not in use,alternator or not it helps tons,inside storage even unheated is better than nothing,mine sits outside most of the time and I make sure it at least has full sun,a electric battery blanket is very helpful in the deep cold.NCT

2015 750 hdi starting issues

Still having some starting issues with my 750 hdi when it's around -15c and colder. It always starts right up first try but Often it will die after running for 15 to 45 seconds. It idols right down slow then dies. When you go to restart it just turns and turns but won't fire. Only way to get it going when this happens is to give it some gas and keep trying and eventually it starts. Acts like its flooded. Defiantly not the efi system that my can am outlander 1000 has. I replaced battery already because original one would die when this happens. Any suggestions? Could it be a week spark plug? Was really hoping for more reliable cold weather starting. Once Argo is warm it starts perfect. It's always that first cold start of the day. Any help would be great!
    Last edited by Mike; 02-21-2015 at 05:36 PM. Reason: merged two threads on the same topic
    2015 argo camo 750hdi- rubber tracks, bilage pump, rear hand rails, winch, brush guard, alternator, heater, full soft cab and windsheild.

I start these all the time at temps this cold or far colder. I usually turn the key on at least twice and let the fuel pump cycle. You should be able to hear it behind the seat.for two seconds each time you the key is turned on. If the pump runs every time you turn the key on and this dosent help take it in and have the throttle position sensor checked. Also might raise the idle stop speed a bit, it's adjustable with just turning a knob on a flexible shaft by the throttle body. Idle should be about 800 rpm warm. Hope this helps some.

In a automotive application there is a coolant temp sensor tells the ecm the coolant temp. The ecm will adjust injector pulse width to make it run richer when it's cold. As it warms up the ecm will lean things back out. This is basically efi's version of a choke. In autos, I've scanned the ecm's and seen the coolant temp sensor showing a coolant temp stuck at -34 which indicates the sensor is bad. The bad sensor will tell the ecm to go full rich which floods out the engine. So if your system has a coolant temp or similar temp sensor, that may be worth looking into with a scan tool if possible.

Have you tried the self test? Achieved by turning the key on/off 3 times quickly and leaving on the 4th, green light will blink with the ending code being 6 quick flashes and then 1. Codes may or may not show up by flashes.
    Had thought the computer may be set for warmer or lower altitude and may need to be reset for the winter as it has a self learning state, msafi65 does make a good point with the idle as does Sean with the temp. sender.
    Don't see this problem so just a guess.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

+ Reply to Thread