The New Argo 750 EFI 6x6 HDI (Kohler air cooled engine)

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The New Argo 750 EFI 6x6 HDI (Kohler air cooled engine)

The New Argo 750 EFI 6x6 HDI (Kohler air cooled engine)

This is the machine that has got me thinking about another 6x6. Finally Argo has put a 750cc electronically fuel injected air cooled Kohler engine in a 6x6 with an Admiral transmission!!!!! Twenty two MPH top speed. I always loved my 6x6 HD but did not not like the over heating issues related to the 23 horse Briggs and Stratton engine.
    Now look at what we have!!! More torque! More low end grunt! Fuel injection! Admiral transmission! Wow! Finally!!! I have really got to consider another 6x6.

ARGO 6X6 650 HD | ARGO All- Terrain Vehicle and accessories

I think this is going to be a big addition to the Argo line-up. Kohler EFI engine and Admiral tranny in a light weight package. Looking on the Internet, the Kohler engine looks to be rebadged as a 23hp. From what I found it actually appears to be a 27hp.

Anyway, good riddance to the old snap and pop B&S 23hp, some seem to be great engines in lighter weight Max2 and Hustlers, but the one I have is disappointing.

Great job Argo for adding this new model.

Dan, you placed your order yet?????

I just realized that you can now buy an Argo Frontier EFI 6x6 with the Kohler 19 horse 694cc air cooled engine or the 747cc 23 horse Kohler air cooled engine (both engines with EFI) and the old style Argo transmission with high and low range. So it looks like ARGO is completely phasing out the old 23 horse air cooled Briggs.

So now you have a choice of either the Admiral or old style transmission-no matter which transmission you chose you can still have a 747cc Kohler EFI engine in a 6x6. Life just got better in the amphibious world.

Follow the links to go right to the 6x6 Frontier EFI:

6X6 Frontier EFI | ARGO UTV

ARGO 6X6 650 HD | ARGO All- Terrain Vehicle and accessories

Folks in Canada may want to take a look at this link-at this rate they are going to have to give away the old frontier 6x6 with the 18 horse briggs and Stratton engine. That's a fine machine for a really good price!

2015 Argo Frontier 6X6 Efi for sale in Brant Ontario - Canada
    Last edited by mightymaxIV; 01-27-2015 at 10:18 PM.

Rumor has it that Argo and Mudd Ox (a.k.a. Max) cut a really good deal with Kohler after protracted negotiations. Info coming down the pipe is that a Kohler 29hp efi engine was offered to the amphib makers for less than what a B&S 18 hp was going for. So the 19hp air cooled 694cc must have been a real steal.

By the way, elsewhere Kohler lists the hp of the 694cc engine as 23hp, and the 747cc rates at 27 to 29hp. I think the badging is not to dissuade buyers from the 31hp HDI (water cooled engine). This also puts Argo and the Max line with similar specs.

http://www.kohlerengines.com/press/a...nproductionefi

Anyone who has driven an EFI engine will have no desire to go back to carbs.
    Last edited by Noel Woods; 01-27-2015 at 11:24 PM.

Make mine a 6x6HDI camo ,brushguard ,winch ,Adair tracks with snow kit and toss in a top kit. A true ice fishing machine

Fitz

It will be interesting to see how the air cooled 747cc Kohler does heat wise working along side the Admiral transmission. I agree that the 23hp B+S engine runs way too hot in the engine compartment with the Admiral.

Ted
    Argo 650hd 6x6

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear894 View Post
    It will be interesting to see how the air cooled 747cc Kohler does heat wise working along side the Admiral transmission. I agree that the 23hp B+S engine runs way too hot in the engine compartment with the Admiral.

Ted
    Argo 650hd 6x6
    Hi Ted, It will be really interesting to see you testing a 747 air cooled Frontier with the Admiral trans, and perhaps uhmv tracks. Went into Fred,s camp north of marmora yesterday before dawn. Two guys a little bigger than me and pulling a light aluminum trailer with gear and chainsaw etc. Held our breath crossing the river but all is well and a great trip. Just got home.

Im really happy to see Briggs out and Kohler in. No more stalling on hills,no more carb issues,no fuss, no muss.
    I just had to yank a briggs out of a frontier last fri,would have liked to replace with the efi!
    The hood fan, once again,would be a great addition on any air cooled efi,or liquid for that matter.

Hey Dan, what is it about the 6x6s that you like more than the 8x8 that you have now?

+ Reply to Thread