Convertable half top

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Convertable half top

Convertable half top

2015 HDI demo half top 2.jpgcomp.jpg2015 HDI demo half top 4.jpgcomp.jpgThe convertable half top is an option available for the HDI,avenger,EFI,and the 700HD, this one is installed on my 2015 HDI. I have been told that you can fit this on a frontier,but you cannot button up the passenger side of the top.
    I installed this half top instead of the full top for two reasons, first,and formost,staying warm.Not having a heater unit installed in the HDI,the half top does a really good job of heating up the inside via heat comming thru the firewall,and being a half top,guessing that it heats up, and is warmer than a full top,ie less air to heat.
    Second, I like the fact that you can access the back of the unit like a pickup truck bed, without having to mess with the top at all.This means that I can still back up to a deer or moose qtrs.,and with the help of my hoist, can load such items in,something that you cannot do without taking the full top down.
    I wasn't sure how the half top was going to work with a bed liner,another item that I am a huge fan of,but the fit is tight, but does work well.
    Also, the addition of the new hood fan is a great asset for any topped unit,as now you can infuse the cabin with fresh air by simply turning on the fan. Sitting still,idling,I do get a wiff of fumes comming into the cabin,and because the hoodfan pulls air out thru the top of the hood, it sucks all the air back thru the firewall and out.This does, however, cool the cabin erea slightly.
    Not being a big fan of any top to begin with, I am very happy with this,as I am much more comfortable,and now can use my unit in extreme cold conditions where I normally would not.

I like that cab set up. Very practical and looks great as well.
    What it lacks in ground clearance it makes up for with traction.

How much does it cost?
    Jack

I too am curious of a price range. Does it raise the working height much above just a windshield? I have a new EFI frontier, would it work properly with that or would I still not be able to button up the passenger side?

Jason
    2015 Argo frontier EFI Camo. 4000lb vortex winch with synthetic rope. 3.3 trans.

~1998 Max IV (SN 14428) on 26" TRU Power tires, winch with synthetic rope, rear seat moved back 5 inches, flip top rear seat with storage underneath, 55 lb thrust trolling motor, #24 marine Battery and a bilge pump just in case.-sold

The half top is about 3-4 inches heigher in the back than the windshield,but being a convertable,just takes a few min. to take down. As far as putting on a frontier,I havnt done this myself,so I really cant say one way or another,assuming there would be the same issue on the newer model frontiers as the older ones,but it has been done.

Looks practical
    And looks good on the machine

i finally hobbled out to the shop to snap some pictures of my HDI.really like the half top and liner.keeps all the water out of the running gear.if only I had got more use out of it this winter,been crippled up with plantar fasciitis.DSCN0158.jpgDSCN0159.jpgDSCN0160.jpgDSCN0161.jpgDSCN0157.jpg

I like the look! Hope you get better soon so you can run that machine!

Quote Originally Posted by plott hound View Post
    i finally hobbled out to the shop to snap some pictures of my HDI.really like the half top and liner.keeps all the water out of the running gear.if only I had got more use out of it this winter,been crippled up with plantar fasciitis.Attachment 13324Attachment 13325Attachment 13326Attachment 13327Attachment 13328
    Nice setup plott hound......great minds think alike..... Hope you feel better.You know, with a great looking rig like that, who needs to walk....LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by foxvalley View Post
    Nice setup plott hound......great minds think alike..... Hope you feel better.You know, with a great looking rig like that, who needs to walk....LOL.
    thanks fox,the ride does not hurt the foot.its the thoughts of having to walk anywhere because of a malfunction is what scares me,lol. what are the benefits of the hood fan? does the HDI run a little warm in the summer?i never noticed any over heating with mine last summer but it was not overly warm here in 2014.

+ Reply to Thread