Good buy?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Good buy?

I've noticed mine doesn't have a lever to change the angle. It has a big pin and 5 holes. Kind of a pain to change it.

That's how mine is. If I don't get a blower, I will probably fabricate an electric angle system.

Quote Originally Posted by jlemon View Post
    Is this an older model plow I have? I think the original owner bought everything as a package back in 98. I searched Argo plows and only brought up one picture of one like mine. It doesn't have the normal trip springs like most plow set ups. It has what almost looks like 2 shocks with a coil spring over each one. It works pretty decent from what little I got to plow with it. You can almost make them out in the one picture at the top of the thread.
    Yep older plow mid to latter eightys same one I got that was on my Magnum vintage 1988 now on my Avenger 2 coil over gas charged shocks for trip has worked well and is now 25 plus plus years old gettin pretty beat up now but been great.NCT
    Last edited by North Country Tough; 03-07-2015 at 03:45 PM.

Hey jlemon, I have the same setup, I used it to redo the front yard about 6 dump truck loads of soil and i use it to plow snow It does fine with just tires and I use it most the time in high gear.
    If the snow gets to heavy...take littler bites ..but it should do great 90% the time.

Does yours have a wear bar and skids? Mine doesn't have adjustable skids but it looks like it has a wear bar with a piece of 1" pipe welded to the bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by jlemon View Post
    Does yours have a wear bar and skids? Mine doesn't have adjustable skids but it looks like it has a wear bar with a piece of 1" pipe welded to the bottom.
    Mine originally had a pair of plastic skids perhaps a inch thick or more so but long gone.NCT

I noticed a ticking sound from the chains when I first brought it home. I lubed all of them up and it didn't go away. I pulled the floor pans off and noticed both of the top tension pads were missing on the adjusters under the seat. I found one but the other is MIA. I also have the chains rubbing the frame in one spot. Guess I'll order new pads and a couple for over the frame. Looks like new chains this summer.

Mine has metal skids and wear bar.

+ Reply to Thread