Good buy?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Good buy?

Good buy?

Picking this up on Monday for $4500. It's a 98 Conquest. I had a 99 Response but sold it back in 2010. Never really had a place to ride but now that's changed. I sold my Polaris Ranger 6x6 to buy it and think I'll enjoy it more. I'm not a basher, I think all ATV's, UTV's Argo's and Max have their own place. My Ranger was a workhorse plowing our quarter mile driveway through the last 2 Michigan winters but out in the woods once the snow started getting deep it was limited. Couple questions. For those of you that plow with a tracked Argo are you running low or high gear? Will it plow fast enough to roll the snow off the plow? Should I leave the tracks on all year or take them off in the summer? I'll mainly be using it for plowing, running around through the woods and oil pipeline and deer retrieval. Is it OK to mount a carrier on the receiver and put a couple hundred lbs in it?
    unnamed (1).jpgargo (2).jpg

I have a 2000 Conquest and had the Ranger 6x6 with a plow too. I thought the Ranger plowed snow well but my Argo with the tracks puts the Ranger to shame. Only thing I miss about the Ranger is it's hydraulic dump bed. I also used my Argo early winter for pulling a trailer around my land cutting firewood. Tongue weight with a full trailer was at least 100 lbs. Congrats, I think you'll love the Conquest.

Looks like a great deal to me!
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Got it home yesterday. To late to really do anything but put it in the shed. An older gentleman bought it new and it looks like he took great care of it. It came with all the manuals and service records. Bearings looked freshly greased, chains and sprockets looked like new. I did lube the chains this morning. It still has some chain slap under my left foot, especially when turning. I don't have a low pressure gauge but the tires feel over inflated. Still getting used to plowing with it vs the Ranger but it's like a little tank pushing the deep stuff. Found out the winch works great when I buried it going up a hill in the woods but 2 feet of snow on level ground was nothing. It's not that cold today, right around 25 degrees but with the cab on it felt like 60. I don't really use the winch a lot when plowing. I'm thinking of just hooking it direct to a big deep cycle battery I have.

U.P. of Michigan full time as of 9/1/2017
    jlemon, what engine does your conquest have? drb

It has the Kawasaki FD620D 20 horse.

Is this an older model plow I have? I think the original owner bought everything as a package back in 98. I searched Argo plows and only brought up one picture of one like mine. It doesn't have the normal trip springs like most plow set ups. It has what almost looks like 2 shocks with a coil spring over each one. It works pretty decent from what little I got to plow with it. You can almost make them out in the one picture at the top of the thread.

Is that an older version of what they sell now?

That's the same plow I have on my 2000 Conquest but mine does have normal the trip springs. The person I bought the machine from said they bought the plow from a local ATV dealer in 2008.

+ Reply to Thread