Bigfoot upgrade to 23HP vanguard

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bigfoot upgrade to 23HP vanguard

Bigfoot upgrade to 23HP vanguard

I am planning to swap my 1998 Bigfoot 18HP vanguard to a 2009 23HP vanguard out of frontier. Will my clutches and tranny hookup match the 23HP setup? What about the muffler, what type of muffler/exhaust manifold will I require? Has anyone completed the swap? Any suggestions or concerns?

Please help....

I just put a 23 in my bigfoot. I can get you the part number tomorrow.

Im looking into doing a swap but with the newer 23 hp kohler efi I was thinking of the briggs 23 hp but cant pass up efi

I am also looking for a similar swap and considering B&S 23HP, 23HP Kohler EFI, or Subaru 28HP EFI.

Would really appreciate any input on this.

Cheers, Rick

Are the Kohler's or Subaru EFI's even available with a 1" PTO

Not sure about the Kohler, but the 28HP Subaru has a 1-1/8" shaft 3.9" in length. So my big question is can I make the stock ARGO clutch fit, or do I need to replace the clutch?

If I do need to replace the clutch, where can I get one and how much?

The Subaru does have a muffler kit for $150....just not sure how much "Macgivering" is required to make her fit???

Rick

No Your Argo drive clutch will not fit as its for a 1" shaft, MFG Supply did carry the comet 780 for 225.00 plus shipping with the 1-1/8 bore but I don't see it right off hand.

http://www.mfgsupply.com/catalogsear...+780+1-18+bore

Im using a clutch from a Argo conquest I had one laying around its a 1-1/8" hole to run the Argo wide belt which came on the older models I wont need to swap out my secondary clutch Im hoping the kohler bolt pattern is close to the briggs.

Did the Bigfoot clutches and tranny hooked up without modifications to the 23 vanguard? Any problems with engine overheating?

If you are asking me, no hook up issues, engine compartment tighter but fits and I'm no mechanic. It's cold in R.I. so heat issues we'll see. I got the motor for $500.00 shipped after selling the 18 so I couldn't pass it up. May go Kohler later if this one is a problem. I made some mods with heat in mind pm me and I'll elaborate.
    Last edited by trevorakm1; 03-05-2015 at 08:57 AM.

+ Reply to Thread