front chain deflection

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: front chain deflection

front chain deflection

my 2012 750 hdi seems to have very loose front drive chains.how much deflection should they have?

cheers

going back to route6x6
    Last edited by gearhead; 07-20-2017 at 08:10 AM.

New chain they are tight maybe 1/4" movement. I see a lot with less than 150 hours that are loose enough to pile up and hit the frame up front. When loose enough to climb up on the front sprockets replace them.

I figure the front chains are good for around a 100 hours. That's why I recommend that people use a snapidle adjuster up front, or something home-made along the same lines.

I do think that Argo should place an adjuster up there from the factory. Maybe if they get enough feedback from us they will respond.

going back to route6x6
    Last edited by gearhead; 07-20-2017 at 08:10 AM.

Since the redesign of the chain tensioner the newer style adjusters are just cut to deep to be functional up front ( and everywhere else), imo, there were so many complaints of loud chain slap that it may have greatly contributed to the demise. The longer shoe is also an adjustment issue.

Plott you'll probably get less than the Conquest do to frame stiffener contact. Good chain should help some with life.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

ya I figured the fronts were near kaputsky.ive got 20 feet of new old stock double 50 stashed away,might as well use it up.certainly don't want a derailment up in that tight hole. what is a snapidle adjuster ?

cheers

A floating tensioner. They do work well where there is room.
    I've used them in my modifided attex and a lot of industrial avocations
    Snapidle - Products - Chain Tensioners

going back to route6x6
    Last edited by gearhead; 07-20-2017 at 08:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gearhead View Post
    plott hound - I got an 06' Avenger with front slack adjusters 970 hours and only changed the front chains once; no issues and no noise; I run rubber tracks all winter!
    You be the judge.
    that's pretty impressive gearhead.did you buy the low profile adjusters?

+ Reply to Thread