Yurting in the Conquest

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Yurting in the Conquest

Yurting in the Conquest

Took the family (wife, daughter, 3 dogs) and enough gear/food/drink for three days into a high country yurt. It is about an 8 mile trip in one way starting at 7000 feet and climbing to 9500. The Conquest probably had about 1100 pounds in it and it proved itself once again. The extra wide Chanel tracks handled the deep snow and heavy load very well. We snow shoed and took a good ride in the argo every day. Instead of pulling my sled with gear in it I used my hitch rack, which worked great hauling extra gear.2015-03-06 14.18.48.jpg2015-03-06 14.19.15.jpg2015-03-07 11.25.01.jpg

Sounds like fun Thorn. Wide or additional belts go a long way to improving performance w/o making your machine work harder with that track style. Thanks for sharing some pics. I myself have been bad about doing anything lately - I'm jealous of the fun you're having!
    Take Care-

great adventure!

Looks like a great time and beautiful location.

Thorn, love the rear rack.Going to try that the next time instead of a trailer sled. the picture of the camp is beyond words. happy riding

My brother and I have a place up in Maine and we put a yurt on it. Definately fun to build and put up.

Thanks guys. It is a nice little winter getaway for sure. I was just glad to find a decent amount of snow for us being so dry this winter. Luckily we had a couple of decent storms the week before we went.

Looks like you have a good load on her. Its a lot of fun when you can take the family out like that. Im glad someone had some snow to play in. Oh well I am all ready for next year. This winter we had very little snow in the high country. This time last year we had at least ten feet of snow in the mountains where I play. Right now there is between 0 inches and 0 inches. Good year to work on the trails.
    Glad you had fun Thorn.

Thorn, your inbox is full

thumb_P1010033_1024.jpgthumb_P1010040_1024.jpgthumb_P1010031_1024.jpgWe went back to the yurt last weekend and in a major snow dump. We have had a heavy snow winter this year, which is the complete opposite of last year. The Conquest was loaded heavy with people, dogs and some extra gear to resupply the yurt. It did awesome even though we were crawling at 2-3 mph in the really deep and steep stuff. The black dog in one of the pics is 16 years old and appreciated the argo making a nice "sidewalk" for her to scretch her old legs on.

+ Reply to Thread