winter tune-up for my conquest

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: winter tune-up for my conquest

Here's a pic showing both.

The original is 62mm O.D. the HDI is 72mm O.D. The HDI has the triple internal seal. The only significant difference between late model 1 1/4" axles and the HDI axles that I know of is the heavier flange for the wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeMeg View Post
    Here's a pic showing both.

The original is 62mm O.D. the HDI is 72mm O.D. The HDI has the triple internal seal. The only significant difference between late model 1 1/4" axles and the HDI axles that I know of is the heavier flange for the wheel.
    Yes, but with the grease hole in the new flange,it offers a straight in access to the" one only grease nipple" and on a new machine with the new drilled wheels it is easy to grease the outside bearings without having to remove your snow tracks or wheels. right?

thanks guys for all the information!
    The adair upgrade kit sure looks great , what about the factory Argo kit part # 101-97 ?
    I am from Canada, it should be easier and cheaper to go with our local dealer.

the 101-97 can be made to work on the center axles, but using a 1/4" thick adapter plate is much better. The kit from adair includes this (plus gaskets, bearing, carrier, flange, and length appropriate bolts w/rubber washers, nyloc nuts) and prevents you from having to enlargen the holes in your HDPE tub on the center axles. It also prevents you from having to completely remove your existing bearing extension (housings) from the corner of your machine, purchase newer style extensions, and install those simply so that they'll accept the larger HD bearing and carrier.
    Also, I like the idea of the larger surface area of the adapter plate fitting against your tub as well. This method also puts the HD bearing and bearing flange an additional 1/4" further out on the axle which is never a bad thing. Remove the axle paint with a wire wheel to a point just beyond where the HD bearing will ultimately rest before re-assembly. Makes everything go back together w/o any problems at all.

Quote Originally Posted by philipatmaxfour View Post
    Yes, but with the grease hole in the new flange,it offers a straight in access to the" one only grease nipple" and on a new machine with the new drilled wheels it is easy to grease the outside bearings without having to remove your snow tracks or wheels. right?
    Ahha,thanks to this awesome forum,I now know of TWO significant differences between the late model axles and the newer HDI one's. Thanks Warren!

Quote Originally Posted by philipatmaxfour View Post
    ... it is easy to grease the outside bearings without having to remove your snow tracks or wheels. right?
    If you are using the Argo extensions they will cover the hole. If you forget to line up the hole when you install the tire then it also isn't so easy - well, that's what I heard.

Glad I'm not the only one who's forgotten to line up the grease holes. Not much motivation to do it once the tracks are on

Biggest benefit is on the corner axles where the bearing extensions tuck the outer bearings nicely behind the wheels. Virtually impossible to grease without removing the wheels. HD upgrades here are super nice.
    Center axles though can be greased w/o too much of a problem with or without HD upgrades and drilled holes. You will have to get your arms a little dirty though.

Winter tune up

Quote Originally Posted by JohnF View Post
    If you are using the Argo extensions they will cover the hole. If you forget to line up the hole when you install the tire then it also isn't so easy - well, that's what I heard.
    Yup! John you are right.I forgot that I am using Bolduc tracks and spacers. They look very similar to the pics. that I have seen of Adair track tuner spacers except the bolducs don't spin. I wonder if adair sells spacers for the outside wheels that have the "notched" style design? I am often wrong

I found this link for the Argo HDI bearing upgrade :
    Parts Bulletin #161
    http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&...,d.eXY&cad=rja
    Is there anyone here who did the 3 cork gasket thing ? It looks weird too add so much soft gasket there ?

+ Reply to Thread