winter tune-up for my conquest

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: winter tune-up for my conquest

winter tune-up for my conquest

Hi Guys, my Argo need some maintenance to be ready for next season.
    I need some help, I have a lot of questions.
    This is a 2004 8x8 conquest with 145h.
    Some bearing play, some chain slack in the front.
    I started today by removing one of the rear axle:

Should I swap the mid axles to the front and rear at this point ?

What specific brand and part # for good exterior bearings? I have searched a lot and found Some info about 206-20 bearings but our local supplier says they can vary in thickness.
    Any help would be appreciated

Call the guys at Buffalo Bearings. 1-800-669-8019 Outer Bearing is a uc206-20. While you are replacing the outer bearings, replace both the seals in the flange assembly. You can get these from any argo dealer and they are pretty cheap. Argo part numbers 102-12 and 102-15. One of each in every outer flange assembly. Swap the mids and front/rears. Don't forget to add some paint to the axles to keep rust off.

For the price I would just get the HD upgrade, Comes with new HD bearing and a HD outer flange and gaskets. Every thing you need. Its all just a straight bolt in. That looks like the old style two piece flange axle. Check with Adair sales. They are very good and know their stuff.

I agree with Old Tucker. Just get the HD bearings and be done with it. If put back to original,even with the "axle location swap",it's just buying time til the next rebuild when the axle swap won't be an option.

Any links to those kits? Do you need to replace the axles?

Hopefully this link works.

Argo HD Bearing Adapter Kit | Adair Argo Sales - We Ship Worldwide!

You can re-use your existing 1 1/4" axles. The areas damaged by the original seals will not hinder the installation of the HD units.

Here,let's see if this works also. I was looking for it earlier and finally found it.

http://www.6x6world.com/gallery/g973...e-upgrade.html

Oh,BTW,capri302. I was looking for this once before and finally found it too. Assuming by your user name,thought you may be interested.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeMeg View Post
    Oh,BTW,capri302. I was looking for this once before and finally found it too. Assuming by your user name,thought you may be interested.

Nice Capri, I own a 84 RS

Quote Originally Posted by JoeMeg View Post
    Hopefully this link works.

Argo HD Bearing Adapter Kit | Adair Argo Sales - We Ship Worldwide!

You can re-use your existing 1 1/4" axles. The areas damaged by the original seals will not hinder the installation of the HD units.

Here,let's see if this works also. I was looking for it earlier and finally found it.

HDI Axle Upgrade - Amphibious ATV Pictures
    Thanks Joe, What's the difference between stock vs HDI ? no seals on the HDI ?
    Why does it work without HDI axle?

+ Reply to Thread