winch

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: winch

winch

Just wondering if there is a cheaper winch option than the warn winch that is installed by the argo dealers? It would be for an 8x8 750 hdi

Harbor Freight currently has their Badlands series of winches on sale. The 5000# version is going for between $179 and $200 depending on whether you're looking at in-store prices or online. They get decent reviews and aren't a horrible product overall. Keep them out of the water, keep them lubricated and don't overheat them and they'll last. I'd look into some synthetic line for one, too.

If you're not concerned with the big one, the 3500# winch is on-sale for around $149.

I have a few of the Badlands series and I think there a good deal for the money, the wireless remote's work up to 30ft away also.

Yes, I agree about the Badlands winches. I've got a 3500lb and a 5000lb on UTVs, they work well and are a lot of bang for the buck. Both mine have cable and not synthetic line.

I have also owned a couple of the 2000lb Badland winches, and they were totally the opposite. Cheap and throw-aways. Once they stopped working I tore each down to see why it failed, one had a plastic reduction gear that had broken, the other unit had burned the motor up even though it was just winching a Max2 12' or so. To repair them cost more than the cost of the replacements so in the trash they went.

All HF/Badlands units.

;;

I personally would get either a viper or warn winch. The winches can be found a lot cheaper on Amazon or ebay. Super winches are also fairly decent and can be found for a good price. I wouldn't cut to many corners when purchasing recovery/extracting equipment. Could be the difference between walking or driving back to the truck.

thanks for the input guys, this site is great!!!

+ Reply to Thread