Jacking up an argo?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Jacking up an argo?

Jacking up an argo?

I know the dealer uses a forklift with 10' long forks, but I don't have one of them... What is the best way to jack up the machine? Say to work on a tire or a side to check and service bearings and chains?

depends on the argo I guess. I have a conquest that has the frame tube in front and rear. I use a floor jack with a piece of scrap 1"x4" to protect the body and jack from there. You can also refer to the owners manual if you have one or you can download it off the web.

I have found that the ATV jack from harbor freight works well for me ones good two better if you want to splurge ..lol I use mine in my dirt floor greenhouse and have no trouble with getting it around or having any shifting issues , I can get 4 wheels off and greased lifting just one end , then shift it for the other as for getting it totally off the ground to work on I have a set of 8x8 wood blocks I set on one end and use the jack on the other end .

1500 lb. Capacity ATV/Motorcycle Lift
    And time it right it not too $$$$ either ..
    Good luck , Happy trails
    bg

Great minds must think alike, I have two Harbor Freight racing jacks (very light weight and easy to maneuver) along with various sized wood blocks, that is more than capable of supporting any amphibs.

If I recall the jacks were $75 each before the 20% discount coupon applied. These little jacks also serve double duty for trailer issues as well.

I've got a 2007 Avenger EFI.. I've got a quad jack already, and a 2 ton floor jack.. Just not sure where on the bottom of it to jack to.. Do you add blocking along the frame, the long way? Or across the machine from side to side?

Quote Originally Posted by glen1971 View Post
    I've got a 2007 Avenger EFI.. I've got a quad jack already, and a 2 ton floor jack.. Just not sure where on the bottom of it to jack to.. Do you add blocking along the frame, the long way? Or across the machine from side to side?
    at the rear of my efi avenger I use a small floor jack under the trailer hitch and then 2 8x8 blocks under the rear floor and lower the jack a bit. Another member told me to weld a piece of square steel tubing to the jack lift point. It works great.

+ Reply to Thread