1987 Argo problems?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1987 Argo problems?

1987 Argo problems?

I'm going to look at a 1986 8X8 that is for sale locally. I've never owned an aatv. Any tips or advice on what to look for would be helpful. This rig has tracks already on it; do tracks add stress to drive system? Any help appreciated.

Not sure what year they changed I think it was right around that time you make sure it has splined axles in other words the sprockets are splined to the axles not pinned with a type of roll pin,the axles with roll pins are very prone to shearing pins and are a huge pain to live with,I dealt off back in the day a low hour 8 wheeler to get the newer axles as too many problems,other than that the trannys were strong and the Kohler air cooled worked well,you can change out all the axles to a newer style but it gets costly as you need all new sprockets as well.NCT

Thanks for the tip. I'll ask the owner and do a little research.

+ Reply to Thread