Review on the new Argo Frontier 8x8 EFI

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Review on the new Argo Frontier 8x8 EFI

Awesome video Dan!Looks like perfect amphib country.
    I'm glad you are enjoying your new ride,guessing the hood fan helped keep the air cooled Kohler from getting to hot?

Quote Originally Posted by foxvalley View Post
    Awesome video Dan!Looks like perfect amphib country.
    I'm glad you are enjoying your new ride,guessing the hood fan helped keep the air cooled Kohler from getting to hot?
    Doug, the hood fan worked perfectly and that new air cooled Kohler never showed a sign of over heating. The Argo, the 3.3 transmission and air cooled Kohler operated beautifully under some pretty extreme conditions. I really am enjoying the new machine, being able to lock down one side makes a tremendous difference in swamp conditions where trees and vegetation are always dictating your direction of travel.

good for you dan !! so happy for you, awesome machine. hope to ride with you in oct. at bunco. john boy va

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Cool video-
    Dan, I too like the old-stye 3.3 transmission. My EFI frontier clutching engages just off idle, but I have found that while descending very steep hills I need to become more familiar with the amount of throttle required. Mine seems to be a bit finicky compared to other argos I've owned. There seems to be a very fine line between the machine either freewheeling...or accelerating down the hill. There is a nice throaty exhaust sound to keep you in tune with RPM. I did add (2) UHMW bearings in addition to HD outer bearing/flange on the center axles - Buzz
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APlHVW0R-WM
    Hey Buzz, On one occasion I had to go down a hill with a grade so steep that I was concerned about the machine nosing over. I didn't realize how steep the down grade was until I got to the top of the hill and going backward was even worse. I put my hand on the handle bar brake, inched it down and prayed that the machine didn't flip over on top of me: So I really hear your concerns on long grades, for the short stuff the hand brake works fine for me.
    Last edited by mightymaxIV; 05-08-2015 at 02:21 PM.

yep on short hills the hand break is fine. In the end I was able to find the sweet spot to creep down long hills while keeping the clutch engaged. On my machine it just seems to require a very low RPM (lower than I'm accustomed to) to prevent the machine from accelerating down the hill. So slow an RPM that it's a bit easy to disengage the clutches altogether if you're not paying attention. That being said, I haven't looked at or adjusted anything from factory new. The Frontier EFI is an excellent machine as it's got all the durable parts that are nice to have right out of the shoot - not a lot of upgrades necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by john swenson View Post
    good for you dan !! so happy for you, awesome machine. hope to ride with you in oct. at bunco. john boy va
    Hey John Boy, I hope that we get to run together at Busco Beach, I look forward to seeing that little MaxII with Adair shackle tracks.

yes sir ! i'm doing some frame modifications and drive system changes along with # 60 chain all around and larger tires for the tracks. will keep ya posted. hope my design change works. if so it will be even more awesome . john boy va.

+ Reply to Thread