vintage argo 8x8 mid 70's need some help getting her going

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: vintage argo 8x8 mid 70's need some help getting her going

vintage argo 8x8 mid 70's need some help getting her going

Ok its latter 70's cus it has plastic top and bottom. 8x8. got the holes previous owner cut in it water tight with plastic welder and 5 gal buckets. ( not pretty)
    it has a 440 engine in it from 1981 tx-c model.
    got it fired up today engine must idle screws must be turne about 4 out to idle and then it idles way high. no air filters and one of the carbs spit gas back out of the air filter opening.( carbs were sorta cleaned but will do them agian if someone tells me this is caused by dirt in a passageway)
    must rev engine way up to get any movement out of clutch then the belt will only rise about half way in clutch.and i mean wayyyy up. ears hurt, gerks into movment but not much movement forward.
    belt is good condition and rides right at top of driven clutch.
    i beleave the drive clutch is a p85.
    the belt looks to have about 3/16th gap between it and dive clutch with engine off.
    i looked at a snowmobile i have from same era and it has about half the size gap.
    anyone know if this drive clutch is compatable with the argo driven clutch or if i just need to keep spraying pbblaster in it tell it lossens up?
    also if this drive clutch is not compatable does anyone know if a scorpion whip drive clutch is and if it will go onto the shaft of the polaris txc?

sure could use some aid guys. pics
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

Looks to be a free air engine, No fan? its gonna over heat i'm guessin

i aint got a lid for it so it will sit open to a lot of air. im hopping thatll be enough but im not oposed to adding couple electric fans if needed when i do put a lid on it

+ Reply to Thread