First run on the 750 HDI

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: First run on the 750 HDI

First run on the 750 HDI

Finally got to take the new unit for a rip. All I can say is wow... a tank. After running SxS for many moons. I took the plunge.. literally. I have couple questions and I'm sure as I navigate around the board here I'll find answers on other stuff I want to know but here it goes..

1. How much slack is normal in the tracks? I have all the metal connections still in and the dealer said I will "eventually" have to pull out the middle hinge as the tracks stretch a bit. IMO they are loose.

2. I went through some nasty skeg/water stuff on my first ride with not so much as a hiccup. What can I expect by pulling off my tracks in the summer as far as capabilities of the argo go? Will I be stuck way more? I'm asking this because I can see the tracks being a bit of a PITA to keep running good. ie. tire pressures, wear/tear, maintenance etc. and they don't swim well. I am also guessing the ride will improve on tires vs tracks.

3. I have the drop in boxliner. Anyone figure out a good gun mount or have a good picture of how they've done it? I'm not buying the argo one.

Thanks in advance
    Cheers
    Attached Images

nice, i just got the new frontier and loving it.
    support your local search and rescue unit and get lost.

You will get stuck more without the tracks but you will destroy them if you use them all summer you will learn quickly what you can go through . To see if the tracks are too loose jack up the machine the track should sag 2-3 " below the tires in the middle another test is if the tires are not slipping inside the tracks going up a hill or under heavy load they are probably OK. I only had to take out my spacer after about 700hrs or runing and worn tires which cause the tracks to loosen. A great gun mount I found is the KOLPIN. It was made to clamp to a bar on a side by side but I did not use the bottom part of the mount I mounted it across the front behind my windshield you do not need to strap the gun in it keeps it very accessable and protected it has worked out very well. The mounts were kind of offset and the gun comes towards you and away from the window even in the rough stuff it stays put and does not get banged around

Sorry one more thing. I notice the USB lights are always on (even with key off) Is there a way to stop this as i don't like to walk when batteries die

You can just add a batter cutoff switch under the seat. They are cheap on Amazon with the cable kit and take less than an hour to install. You can also get them at the dealer but you will spend $70 opposed to $40.

Nice, I've had an HDi for nearly a year and love it (having made the jump from a ATV). I've got Adair tracks on mine... No issues and they make a big difference in not getting stuck.

ATTACH=CONFIG]13495[/ATTACH]
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Sard; 05-11-2015 at 02:47 PM. Reason: Trying out photos

Looks good. I just installed a battery tender terminal on my battery any feed it through a hole Indrilled in the cover. I can't believe I never had one before! It took almost three days to top off the yellow top but it is strong now I recommend it. I also just installed a set of order adairs but haven't tried them yet.

+ Reply to Thread