Argo spark plugs not firing

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Argo spark plugs not firing

Argo spark plugs not firing

I have a 96 vanguard 2 with the 16hp briggs. Just finished up reworking the chains, bearings, etc, etc. Took it for a drive and Everything was great. Wired up a new led light bar and made it 500 feet, engine died. Checked the plugs and they weren't firing. Jiggled a few wires under the dash and they start sparking. Can anyone help me sort this issue out?

. Checked the plugs and they weren't firing. Jiggled a few wires under the dash and they start sparking. Can anyone help me sort this issue out?[/QUOTE]

The ignition switch works as a ground to the coils when you return the key to the off position, thus grounding the ignition circuit and stopping the engine. When you say there are sparks when you jiggle the wires, you will likely find some wires that are shorting out or grounding, thus keeping the plugs from firing.
    Sounds like there are some issues need to be sorted out and you will find the culprit. Work backwards from what you have just performed in the way of upgrades and check for melted or "shorted wires".
    Good luck // RR.

Thanks man I'll give it a shot. I was suspecting I was on the right track with the ignition switch

+ Reply to Thread