Bigfoot slack on idler chains

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bigfoot slack on idler chains

Bigfoot slack on idler chains

Can someone tell me is there a way to tighten idler chains ??

Look at bottom of front of transmission by motor there is a nut to be loosened. Now at the rear of the transmission the is a bolt on each side that if you turn will raise the tranny and tighten the idler chains. There is also a bracket that supports the upper hull on top of the tranny that needs to be loosend before tightening the idlers. Once adjusted tighten top bracket and large nut on tranny.

Don't over tighten and make sure to inspect the teeth. I let one go too long and tore my teeth up had to replace the rotor. Then I over tightened and I think it caused my granny bearing to go out. Read the manual. Just my two cents

Ok thanks for advice ! I didn´t know that the transmission can be moved by bolts. I have exchanged both chains but it didn´t help so i checked out the manual and the slack on idler chains is abaut 3mm and i have almost an inch so i was thinking that there have to be a way to get them tighten... I am not very good with this stuff but in here,the only way is to do it by yourself cause there isn't any dealers for argos in here. This forum is pretty much the only place for me to get even some information abaut argos from experienced drivers.

Here,go to page 8 (of PDF,pg 5 of actual book) and study the assy. You want to loosen nuts (3) # 22 and use bolt # 39 to raise/lower the power pack. Hope this link works and helps ya,

http://www.argoadventure.com/uploade...s%20Manual.pdf

That helped me a lot,thanks! It really cleared that out,so now I think I can understand how it happens.

Your welcome. Re-read post #2 in this thread by trevorakm1,that bracket needs to be loosened and re-tightened after the trans height is adjusted. It's what supports the dashboard. It's #74 on page 9 of the book. Enjoy your Argo!

Yes i will !

A parts manual and the owners manual are invaluable. Once I saw the parts manual alot of the mechanics became clearer for me and I'm not a mechanic. I think I down loaded them from Beaverdam argo. Good luck.

+ Reply to Thread